Hello, I need more info on cipralex antidepressant. What group of drugs does it belong according to its mechanism of action? How long does it take to show its effects? I’d like to hear few experiences from people that were on cipralex. I should start with the therapy and this is my first antidepressant. Thanks.

Cipralex is selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor. Serotonin has action in mood lighten, and this drug keeps serotonin out of nerve cells, where it can work. It usually takes about 2 to 4 weeks for the effect to appear, so in the beginning it would seem like there’s no difference. I was on cipralex, and think that it was great antidepressant, but caused adverse effects in me because of which had to discontinue the therapy. I experienced shaking of hands and visual disturbances, so I was suggested to make a pause in therapy. But it doesn’t have to mean that these side effects occur necessarily in all the patients.

I've used cipralex for six months now and it's helped me a lot.  Everyone around me has noticed the difference.  The down side is I sleep alot and I'm tired very often but I'm happier.