Hi my name is Giselle I'm 24 years old I was on Gildess Fe 1/20 for about a year and 5 months then I stopped and got a low-dose hormonal IUD (it's a little T that they put in your uterus that has a low dose of progesterone) I stopped the pill is August 7,15 and got my IUD inserted Aug 12,15 but removed October 14,15. Ever since September 2015...everything changed. I feel like we aren't told what is going to happen when we get off this damn pill.. especially if we have been depending on it for months/years. I got horrible anxiety,sadness,intrusive thoughts,negative,twitching for 5 months straight,feeling off,crying everyother day due to anxiety/negative intrusive thoughts,guilt,frustration,sadness,hopeless etc. it's certainly all in your head(but not because you want it to is because your body/mind is not balance is all over the place and so nothing is really working well. We are like a car if something is off then the rest of the car will start getting affected eventually. Our brains,hormones,emotions,organs etc. it's all connected. My life is pretty good/stable. I have a good men, I have friends,my grades are great, my job is easy...I won a scholarship and my finances are getting better. So I know from the bottom of my heart is not situational/environmental but it's more of something being wrong with my body and all that changed when I started feeling like this is me stopping those stupid little pills -.- I keep this to myself unlike I was in the beginning because I am hopefully just like this came it will go away bc it's very hard to explain to someone unless you are going through it. The thing that keeps me sane when I feel frustrated,overwhelm and wondering why am I thinking such awful negative,intrusive,guilt things or when I'm sad,irritated,annoyed....I breath and I think "this too will pass...I will go back...my body is just readjusting and is not something that will happen overnight..little by little. BABYSTEPS. I have days were I feel moodswings where I feel happy in the morning or night but not in-between the day. I know right now we are just an up-down and that's okay. I read it takes women about 6months to a year to get back to feeling 100% so even if we think we are losing our minds with the anxiety/thoughts we need to be strong and realized that while some people stop the pill and are fine ...others are not (like us). Very similar to women who give birth....after birth theirs a huge drop in hormone levels...some women go into postpartum depression for several months bc there body can't adjust that fast from the hormonal changes (being pregnant then suddenly not being pregnant). What happeneds when we stop the pill is that.....we reintroduced our body to a new way of hormonal change...and our bodies are going haywire trying to regulate,kickstar the hormonal production because when we were taking synthetic hormones our bodies were not producing hormones of our own....You know what the synthetic hormone pill makes you do? It tricks your body into thinking it's pregnant and what you have is a "fake period" every month during the brown pills. ---I stopped my birth control around Sept 2015 and I'm still going through a lot of anxiety/intrusive thoughts. However, I'm learning to manage it a little better...it's a hard process because the more you "fight" not being anxious having bad thoughts the more crippling or powerful they become...because you get so much more anxious about having these thoughts. That this get's you paranoid and produce the worst thoughts. It's like your a prisoner of your own anxiety. I know that my body is slowly going back to normal and your body will too! My period cycle is regulating (not sure if this is because I started doing acupuncture) but I know I will make it through the difference from now to before is that now I have some good days yet I still have very bad days. My period cycles have been about 31 days,33 days, 45 days (this cycle was so long), 32 days and now it's heading to 28 days. Before it was all bad days especially around September but now I'm more hopeful. Thing's that have seem to help me: 1. Knowing this is not an OVERNIGHT thing. That it will in fact take several months for your body/mind to resume to 100% normality. 2. Knowing you are not alone, that although you may sometimes think you are losing your mind and get consume in your anxiety/thoughts being sad. That there are a lot of women who deal with this hormonal transition if you google forums a lot of women of all ages from teens to adults after stopping pill get a list of symptoms from anxiety,depression,mood swings,irritability,,intrusive unwelcome thoughts,OCD,nervousness,acne,hair shedding,weight gain/loss,blurred vision,panic attacks,bloating,chest pain,nausea,twitching,no period for months,dizziness etc. but the ones I mention are the most common. 3.Knowing that YOU WILL get back to your 100% self. This experience will make you stronger and you will feel happy and normal/sane again. Give your body time. I went a few months not really sure what to do...but I decided in Dec/Jan to start taking action...I think it has helped a bit but vitamins take about 3 months to take full effect. I did have a horrible bloating after stopping pill and that went away also I was 123 never been that heavy as I'm 5'2 now I'm 116 pounds.This what I have read online as I read alot and what will be beneficial for your health regardless. 4. Taking a wholefood multivitamin (organic) you can find at places such as wholefoods. I currently take 1. A probiotic, your moods/emotions start with a healthy gut/healthy bacteria. I take Dr.Formulated Probitotics Once daily women's 50 billion. 2. Taking an organic Vitamin Code Raw D3 5,000 IU started taking it yesterday it's from Garden of Life. I don't really get much sun and most Americans are vitamin D deficient. I figured Vitamin D will help elevate my mood through this transition. 3. I take Vitamin Code Raw B-complex (while you are on birth control most of your vitamin/nutrients are depleted) so it's good to give your body vitamin/nutrients at least while you are recovering from this change. 4.My acupuncturist gave me this Chinese herb to regulate cycle...I started going last month and this month I was on a perfect 28-day cycle not sure if it's the herb or acupuncture sessions. I take KPC Herbs "Jia wei xiao yao san" I take 2 pills twice a day so 4 pills total I take them 20 minutes before or after eating (as my acupuncturist told me not to mix with food) 5. I started to exercise yesterday as I never exercise and I heard it is good for stress/elevate your serotonin "your happy hormone in your brain" 6. It is recommended to sleep 7-8 hours a night. With lights completely off 7. Three thing's I read to stay away from during this is alcohol (zero alcohol..alcohol is a depressant), no caffeine at all and cut back on sweets/junk food. You can start juicing and eating healthier. 8. Acupunture is known to be helpful. I take Megafoods one daily whole food multivitamin....However, if your going to buy a whole food multivitamin I would suggest the brand "Garden of Life" better...I will be buying that instead after I'm done with this one. 10. Last but certainly not least other recommendations was to take OMEGA 3 you can buy from wholefoods. 11. I'm also taking Natural Vitality natural calm a relaxing magnesium supplement. I honestly feel that those who react bad when coming off pill is because ur bodies maybe were not as strong. I know for me for instances, I was eating horrible alot of fast food while taking the pill, I never really drank water,I didn't sleep well, I never ever exercised or took any vitamins. So when I stopped giving my body synthetic hormones my body did not bounce back well. I decided to write this long thing to make other girls/women feel that they are not alone and that I have read of people going through what we are going through and 6months to a year they are so happy and back to themselves even when they though it would never end.I actually have read forums on people first saying how bad they felt and follow them through the lasts post were they said that it does go away but what we need is patience. Writing about this myself is actually really soothing because there's days that I get down and feel frustrated too but writing this also reminds me that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. for now we just have to SUCK IT UP and be tough girls and deal with this..be patient yet discipline.  If anyone has ever gone through this or is going through this. You are more than welcome to share your experiences. This is a forum for women and this way we can let other women know they are not alone and it's normal all this even though it certainly does NOT feel normal. 

I had my hormones level check three times and all "normal". The first two times it was about 1-2 weeks after coming off birthcontrol so it was probably too soon to check. The 3rd time it was last month so enough time has passed and it showed as normal. However, the test is questionable and I just don't feel normal. Someone told me a doctor that the "normal ranges" in those blood test vary..so I don't know. I talked to a girl who was experiencing panic attacks and anxiety,crying after stopping the pill and her hormonal and her regular blood test also came out normal.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Hello there how are u....Wanted to say thank you for such an amazing post .how are u now ..have u recoverd.