Hi. I have a urinary tract infection and I was prescribed with Doxycycline. But every time I take a pill feel like I can`t get enough of the air. Also, there is a certain swelling of my lips, but rarely. I think I have the wrong med for my infection. Afraid to use it further. Not sure if my lips swelling and difficulties with breathing are only one of the common side effects of Doxycycline?

Hi. I`ve been taking Doxycycline to treat acne and had no side effects at all. But I think that you are allergic on the med. Breathing difficulties, swelling, it sounds to me like an allergic reaction. You should get some emergency help, man. Some possible side effects of Doxycycline are headache, blurred vision, confusion, stomach pain, low fever, dark urine, diarrhea, vaginal yeast infection and mild nausea. You should also know that Doxycycline can make your skin more sensitive to sunlight. Don`t take any multivitamins, iron or calcium supplements within two hours before of, or after taking Doxycycline.