I need to know known visaril side effects. My doc prescribed it to me but in the past I experienced severe side effect from most of the meds I’ve been using so I whish to check them before I decide to take it.

This is what I have found on that topic – I hope it helps. Side effects: difficulty breathing, closing of your throat, swelling of your lips, tongue, or face, hives, dizziness, drowsiness, sleepiness, confusion, blurred vision, dry mouth, nausea and vomiting. I think that you should tell your doc your meds experience and he’ll probably be more causes when prescribing you a med. Take care.

I am also very sensitive to many medications, especially ones that are sedating. I have found vistaril to be very helpful with my insomnia. The only problem I've experienced is some sleepiness the next day that I can usually conteract with caffeine and a bit of a dry mouth upon awaking, so I just keep water at my bedside. Because I am so sensitive to these meds, I have asked the doctor to prescribe a pediatric dose for me and I use the liquid form so that I can take less if I need to. Good luck!