Please give me some information about side effects of Vistaril. What other medications may affects Vistaril? I started therapy with Vistaril two weeks ago; I was stressed at work, so my physician prescribed me this drug. Before that, I was on some antibiotics therapy because of infection I had, so I am worried if it is too soon to start with this therapy.

Possible side effects of Vistaril could be allergic reaction like difficulty breathing, swelling of your lips, tongue, and face. If you experience nausea and vomiting, dizziness, drowsiness, blurred vision and dry mouth seek for medical attention. Many drugs can increase the effects of Vistaril, so I hope you told your doctor if you were taking some of these drugs: other antihistamines, narcotics such Demerol, morphine, sedatives, antidepressants.