I have been waiting to go on a total detox for months, because I have vaguely heard and read on blogs and in other places that total purges can cause terrible side effects! I know that I will feel a lot better when it is all over. But I still need to know what to prepare for before I start the detox. Just how bad are the side effects from purging?

My eyes turn red and watery everytime I make myself throw up. I feel like they're going to pop out. Will frequent purging cause my eyes to become permanently bloodshot?
***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

The immune system is weakened. This makes them vulnerable to all sorts of diseases. Recovery of certain diseases may be impossible because of their weakened immune systems. Esophagus, vocal cords and stomach are damaged.

Well,
Purging is eating disorder which is characterized by recurrent purging. This involves vomiting with laxatives or diuretics. Also I think some use enemas as well to purge their bodies. This is all done to control the weight and shape of the body. This is not similar to anorexia or bulimia because people that do this are not usually underweight or they don’t consume too much food. However some research indicates that purging disorder may be as common as bulimia nervosa or anorexia nervosa in women, that the syndrome is associated with clinically significant levels of distress. This can have great effects on your digestive system. I hope this helped you with the question you asked.
All the best,
Nelie