I was reading this fascinating article about human cannibalism in times of war and famine and I was shocked, and intrigued, both at once. I wanted to know more about the medical side of human cannibalism, and the side effects of this? There must be some. Does anyone know more about this?

Wow this is interesting topic. I have to say I don't know much about side effects but I guess things like these happen in war.
I can't put myself in a place to even consider this as an option for survival.
Also I think that you can't think rationally in times like that and you just got that instinct of survival.

What others think? njoy, king, TM, Bio? Any opinion on this?

It seams that this topic is too cannibal for anybody. :-)

Yeah right!
Maybe for us who doesn't ea human flesh, we will think it is very weird. But for the tribes who eats this during famine, we can do nothing about this.
I think the side effects only a transfer of disease from the human they have eaten to them.

Theres a very rare type of insanity that is tranferable called kuju and theres also cjs, both very rare, avoid eatingthe brain, or eating anyone 45+ theyre more likely to have these diseases, safest chunk is the braise most diseases and parasites are cut off there.

Most people go for the muscle but those are chewy, liver, heart, a few meat cuts (very few in the legs) rump roast cut is tough since humans stand on 2 legs its used constantly, not a choice cut to eat.

certain parts of the brain and spinal chorde should be avoided as they carry the insanity diseases which can be fatal or the very act of eating them sometimes push's new cannibals past the breaking point and off the deep end since they remind you too much of what your eating.

Cannibalism is very bad for humans that for sure. And it is still a mystery as to how humans can consume another human.....i will definitely say it is inhuman and unhealthy.

As long as the brain is avoided and the meat is cook and prepare properly its not that harmfull to our bodies. Kuju is similar to mad cow disease and shouldnt be taken lightly. However if the right specinen was found( somone more fatty than averagr but not overly so) i would imagine that when cooked properlly would be verry delicious

I do not

Sounds different! Heard lot about it.

If I my life depended on it I would but avoid the brain it can cause a disease like be kuju I think it's called it's a sponging if you're grey matter can take 6 yrs to 25 yrs but there's no cure it nearly wiped out some cannabils who ate there enemies