I am on the board of a local charity and one of the board members is suffering from Prakinson's Disease. He told me he was recently given a new drug because the old one had many side effects and did not make him feel good at all. They prescribed him a new drug called sinemet. When I asked him if there would be any less side effects, he said he really did not know but he was worried about it. But he didn't really want to ask about it either. I think it is so awful for him and I am now enquiring what the side effects could be for this drug so I may be able to tell him.

Some people have no side effects or mild side effects, such as a dry mouth, loose stools, and headaches from sinemet. Other people, in the meantime, can experience serious side effects, ranging from hallucinating to muscle stiffness. It is impossible from here to judge what side effects your friend might get.