Hey everyone, I have found out that I have hyperthyroidism and am about to start taking drugs for this. The medication that I was prescribed for my condition is called felimazole, and I am trying to prepare myself for taking it by finding out more about any side effects I might get. What are the most common ones?

I hate to say this, but felimazole does have side effects that strike a lot of people who first start using it. Loss of appetite and nausea are the most common side effects of felimazole. I hope that you will have no side effects at all, but if you do get some, it is likely they will wear off in a few days or weeks.

THEY USE THE SAME MED ON CATS AND I JUST HAD MINE EUTHANIZED TODAY BECAUSE IT GAVE HIM ULCERS IN HIS GASTRIC TRACT, COULDNT EAT, AND OLD BLOOD COMING OUT THE OTHER END. VET AGREED IT WAS FROM THE MEDICATION AND ISNT GOING TO PRESCRIBE IT ANYMORE. i WOULDNT TOUCH THAT STUFF. iT'S TOO NEW AND WHO KNOWS WHAT IT WILL DO TO PEOPLE.

IT TOOK 6 MONTHS TO KILL HIM...OTHERWISE PERFECTLY HEALTHY CAT. IM AN RN AND I KNOW THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED...FIRST NO EATING, THEN THROWING UP SPITTY BILE, AND sh**ting BLOOD.  I AM SO UPSET IF I HAD THE MONEY I WOULD SUE THE COMPANY.

IF YOU LOOK IT UP ON LINE THERE ARE ENDLESS ARTICLES ON THE SIDE EFFECTS OF THIS DRUG. INSANE ALL THE POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS THAT THE COMPANY DOWNPLAYS