My wife is started on Cymbalta about 9-12 months ago for generalized anxiety disorder (60mg). In general she seems much less stressed most of the time, but her alcohol consumption has increased quite a bit. Drinking has become a daily event now and many days it is at least a bottle of wine.

Something in my gut tells that this medicine is somehow a contributing factor.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Hello guest,

Here's the link that is dealing with the same issue. See if you could find any useful answers there.

https://www.steadyhealth.com/Increased_alcohol_use_on_Cymbalta_t81623.html

It appears that Cymbalta increases cravings. Maybe your wife should discuss another option with her doctor. She certainly doesn't need an additional problem. Prolonging the situation may only make things worse. Don't let it get out of control.

Get her off of cymbalta, and DO NOT let her drink with it.  Look up other users experiences on ask a patient dot com.  That stuff is pure evil, she will have serious compulsive issues as well as get aggressive mean, and argumentative and will start blaming stuff on you that you have no idea about as well as justify some really screwed up stuff.  I went through 5 years of hell.