Does anyone have a lawsuit out for this I am on this drug and tried several times to come off but can't I feel terrible so I feel like I won't be able to at least no time soon. Please respond if anyone is interested in trying to make it known about this drug and finding an attorney to take this case I'm in greenville,sc

Its not just you getting off Cymbalta is like getting off a major narcotic. Cymbalta got me seriously ill! It is a dangerous drug. NO you are not wrong for suggesting it YOU ARE NOT ALONE!! ***. You are one of many banding against Cymbalta. This drug was not made to help! It was made to get you addicted to iot. Anyone who says that you are wrong for wanting to sue Eli Lilly because of this drug has never been on the drug

srives1 wrote:

First of all, you take anti-depressants for a reason, they are made to help you. You, yourself, knew the risk when you started taking it, all medications are addictive and all antideppressants have side effects when coming off. You people who want law suits are doing nothing but costing this country money, Insurance cost increase for families, and cost increase for pharmaceutical companies to fight people like you. Obviously you need something stronger than Cymbalta, maybe you should trying praying to God and asking for the strength to get off by yourself. Only God can help anyone who asks. Suing the company will not do anything and you are WRONG for even suggesting it.

No you arent wrong for suggesting suing Eli Lilly! Cymbalta put me in the ER 3 times and could've easily put me in the hospital. Cymbalta is a DANGEROUS drug and needs to be stopped

I don't know about lawsuits but I have recently found that I cannot take myself off of the Cymbalta because of the serious withdrawal symptoms.

I was put on the Cymbalta because of pain from Fibromyalgia. I read the warnings and no where in the warnings did it say that I would suffer horribly if I tried to stop taking the Cymbalta. It did not warn that my

brain would literally short circuit nor that I was going to be worse off

when I tried to stop taking this drug than I was before I started taking

it. I had a good doctor. I doubt he knew. I would feel better on heroin too, but at least we know what to expect in withdrawal from that drug. Don't let anyone bully you. The drug company did not properly advise you as to what was going to happen if or when you decided to stop taking the drug.

I think it's misleading for someone to say that you knew the risks when taking a drug like that. There are certain risks that can be accepted but I don't think that anyone would willingly take this drug for the side effects that you're talking about. As for the class action suit, I know that there is information on it online and that it should also be in the paper. Please keep us posted.

My father was put on this drug for back/nerve pain and he started doing the craziest things. My mother caught on fast enough and got him off of them asap.

Suffering myself from Fibromyalgia. chronic muscle and nerve pain every doctor I have been to has tried to shove Cymbalta and Lyrica on me.
I wouldn't touch the Cymbalta because of how it reacted to my father and the Lyrica made me feel like climbing the walls after 2 doses!

Ironic the doctors offering this drug did not warn me of the side effects.

I really feel that soon the FDA will put out warnings for both Cymbalta and Lyrica. I guess only time will tell.

PSSS.. I feel that the drug companies should be sued when their products harm people or when they misinform the public.

Paroxetine, prozac, paxil, cymbalta, effexor, they all have the brain shiver withdrawal, what can you do? i mean we are all crzy got to take something i want to know where i and how i can get lily to help me pay for my medicatio or send me some of it this med is expensive

First of all. If anyone says that it is wrong for you to even say law suit, they havn't experienced the terrible symptoms that are caused by Cymbalta withdrawl. I have been trying to taper off of Cymbalta for months now. I have tried all the metods recomended by my doctor but, the symtoms persist.

When I read the Cymbalta precautions that were given to me by the Pharmacist, in NO WAY was I warned about the terrible withdrawl systoms I would suffer when it was time to stop taking it. Many people have discribed the brain tremmors as "brain zaps", that is a good discription. I don't know if anyone one has had pain as severe as I have had [probably] but I have had a lifetime of sports injuries that have never left me with such terrible pain. I have 4 Titainium bolts in my back and on the worst day I've had since that recovery, I've never felt like this. Horrible back,ankle and wrist pain. I've had days that I was completely disabled. Not to mention that disconnected feeling, deppression that is far worse, and anger that is very hard to control. [not like me]

Just for refference: I am Male, 44yrs, 6'-5", 275lbs, atheletically active and fit. I was precribed Cymbalta for deppression.

I know now that I am completely addicted to this drug................. any suggestions? any success stories?

I have heard of a lot of people who get off the drug basically have to get off it like they would an addictive drug, where you have to do a very slow taper and still suffer through some symptoms. IS that something that you'd be interested in doing? I think it'd be possible so long as you can do it slowly. Have you investigated taper programs?

My doctor said I was depressed because I was crying when I thanked her for finding my breast cancer. I've taken antidipressants before with no drastic side effects. Cymbalta is vile, evil debilitatating drug. My doctor said give it a chance as I got sicker everyday. I said I wanted to stop after being so naseaus I lost 31 pounds in 25 days. I only took it 3 weeks. The withdrawal was death wishing. Everyday I wish I have a heart attack and die. Flashes, flashes, you feel your on fire. after 15 days I'm finally done withdrawing. Cymbal ta is suppose to be prescribed for seriously depressed. Doctors get these new drug free samples and dish them out like candy. Get Cymbalta off the market.

My with drawls were severe, i had a seizure, extreme liver damage, now i have a spot on my brain that is not right. i was always hot, severe headaches, i even heard that it could cause problems with your heart. Still going thru with drawls, went cold turkey, ended up having a seizure, my doc took me off cold turkey, and i felt like i was going to die, wished i would go to sleep and not wake up.
I had a heart attack, then a few days after the doc took me off cold turkey, my heart was racing, chest pains, hot flashes, severe head aches, I wish that i had been weaned off. i went to the fire station, and my blood pressure was extremely high so i ended up in the hospital again for 5 days. Its a horrible drug to get off.

I am furious because I just researched and found this forum for the strange buzzing in my head and amplified sound that I have had for the last 5 weeks only to find out that it was not everything that I was guessing at. I tapered off of Cymbalta 3 months ago. I tapered for two months, as soon as the last pill was missed I started with the withdraw symptoms. I have a doctor appt coming up. I have already spoken to my pharmacist who told me he has heard similiar stories. I guessed at everything it might have been. Now I know what it is and I am not happy. I will join any lawsuits that have started so that we can stop the agony that we are going through. I was originally put on Cymbalta for back pain about a year ago and needed to stop when I started a new job three months ago as I could no longer nap during the day. Needless to say besides the withdraw symptoms, my pain has also aplified. Now I need to discuss with my doctor if I have to leave my job and go back on Cymbalta or live with these terrible misfires in my brain for as long as it takes to get over them (if I will). The guest that wrote these words to us."maybe you should trying praying to God and asking for the strength to get off by yourself. Only God can help anyone who asks." needs to preach somewhere else if they have none of our problems and nothing better to do with there time. GOD is not going to stop my brain from misfiring. I was speaking to a freind who is a three year Drexel student who is majoring in Neuro Science that 5-HTP might help with the serotonin that my brain is missing. Maybe it will help some you also. Good luck to all of you out there with this terrible, terrible withdrawing process.

Hi, let me just say I have been on cymbalta and went through hell getting off of it. I was on it for about 2 years and after tapering off, I still had withdrawls six months later. Then earlier this year I started seeing a pain specialist as I had moved to a different state. He wanted me to try it again. I was very worried but decided to give it a try. It did help alot while I was on it. The only problems I had were if I forgot even one dose or getting off it. I took it for one month and decided I didn't want to take it. I talked to the dr and he said I could discontinue. Only this time I just quit taking it, no tapering. I was suicidal for a month. I talked to him about it and started taking lexapro and abilify. I am since off the abilify but will probably be on an anti depressant for the rest of my life. I have tried many different ssri's as well as ndri's and NONE of them had the addiction and withdrawl I experienced with cymbalta. I know how you feel in wanting to sue them. It really needs to have a better warning and the dr's really need to educate the patients about the risks involved. Unless you have experienced it there is really no way you can understand how it is. I would highly discourage anyone to ever take this drug. As for the lyrica, I only took it at bedtime and it helped a lot but I could not take it during the day or all I would do is sleep. I have given it a rest as of a couple of months ago as I was on it for quite a while and thought my body could use a break.

%-) I have been off of Cymbalta for 4 days now. The "Brain Zaps" are quite an annoyance at first! I noticed them the first time I had forgotten to take my 30mg tab. I noticed then that any time I was late taking it, The brain zaps would start hitting me! I decided that this was not the med for me being that it didnt do much for my depression anyway. So I stopped them all together. One 30 mg perday (lowest dose) feels like I'm comming off of heroin or something. During the past 4 days.. The brain zaps have turned into shock waves that pulse through my body accompanied by headache and vomiting. These are triggered by any sudden movement on my part. Getting up to walk is a little more dramatic.. I feel dizzy and disorianted. I walk in to walls and stagger around like a drunk. Walking through a department store last night i started to lose full fuction of my legs, they wanted me to drag and flop them around rather then walk straight. Then climbing my stairs I was lucky enough to grab the rail before falling back down them! I am scared to hold my new baby girl and drive my car to work let alone work there! I believe a law suit is in order!!

:-( I was put on Cymbalta for fibromyalgia and was not told of the horrible side effects. I suffer from severe muscle damage in my leg and need to use a cane to walk. On discontinuing Cymbalta, I suffered from atrial fib, which put me in the hospital, severe brain zaps, mood swings so bad that at one point I attempted suicide. I had muscle spasms, stomach pain, nausea, headache, joint pain, the list goes on and on. Eli Lilly just sits back and rakes in the money. The doctors do not take the time to either really learn about the true nature of the drugs they are giving out or they are to lazy! When I told my doctor all the problems I was having he just said he had never heard of such problems with it. What a help he was. I have written to the FDA and made a report and I hope everyone who is going through the same will do so. These drug companies need to be held accountable. They are ruining lives. It has been five months and I still feel some of the withdrawal side effects, but as time goes by things do get better. My leg will never get better.