My wife has been on this drug for 4 years now, 60mg a day, and she lost like 50lbs in 6 months and it really helped at first, although now he behaivior has gotton more and more strange, she cant hold down a job and doesn't want to even take care of our kids, she sleeps about 12 to 15 hours a day and wathchs TV most of the rest of the time, her therapist thinks this is normal bahavior for she has had a "hard few years". She thinks she is going thru early menopause (she has hot flashes, mood swings and lies all the time about really dumb unimportant stuff) she was not like this at all before, however she did suffer from depression on and off for years. I have been married 18 years and have known her since we were 12. Recently she moved out and rented a room at a neigbors house and won't even look for work or share responsibilities. This is just a bit of her strange behavior. I am convinced this drug has to do with this. She won't listen and the Dr says its fine and the drugs are harmless. I know there are two sides to every story however after taking a step back and having her out of the house for 3 weeks now I am able to see a little more clearly that this in irratic and odd behavior. This is not the women I know, we are both active in our church but as of the last 3 months she has stopped going as well. I've got to think its not normal for a mother to leave her home and children and stop her life as such? If anyone knows of any way to help shed some light on this Cymbalta and if it might be some of the cause, help would be great. If you can't provide help I would happily just ask for your prayers for her, my children and myself. Thanks in advance for your help.

I have only been on it for about 6 months now. I don't really do anything. I used to be in surf life saving, running, swimming, now I just want to stay home and lay there and do nothing. I have also been drinking on it and have had black outs and hit people and bit them. My husband is worried. I don't know if I should stop taking this stuff or not.

I’ve been on similar antidepressant for about two months and it really only made things worse than I thought they could get. That’s when I learned how bad antidepressants could be for some people and Cymbalta is one of the most talked about, that’s for sure. But antidepressants still remain the best option for treating depression, only if you can manage to live throygh all that happens just because of the drug. Most people become tired and sleepy – not to mention completely disinterested in everything, but I was the rare one who couldn’t sleep at all, it just became impossible. But I never heard of any lawsuit related to Cymbalta or even any other antidepressant.

Let me tell you that I just cut myself off of "my crack " . That is what Cymbalta is. CRACK. Every Dr. should be ashamed to write this drug. I was on it for 3 years without hardly any supervision. It has been about 2 weeks and the hell is about 40% over. Don't get me wrong, it did help me in so many ways, but the emotional re-movement your wife is experiencing I did too. Until I read this I had no clue it was the drug. I thought it was other things in my life. I am so sorry about what you have to go through. Xanax is the only thing that helps, and any kind of downer actually. I know it sounds bad but it is all I can do. I had to quit cold turkey because I could not afford it any more. I wish you the best of luck for your family and I hope you can get the peace back.

I took Cymbalta for 3 weeks & had to stop cold turkey. I had switched from paxil (5) years & zoloft( 6) years. I thought I was going to loose my mind. It was a horrid experience. I lost 60 lbs as a result, which was the only good thing. I am mentally unstable now due to that drug !!I refuse to take any medication at all now for fear of what reaction I will have. Good luck ! I'm looking to sue someone for what I went through !

I am experiencing the same thing.  I have been on cybalta for 2 weeks and want off!  It has been a day and a half since i have taken 60mg capsule and feel ok so far.  I had a bad experience coming off of celexa too.  for about 2 weeks i had brain fuzzies and felt as if i had rubber balls in my head.  I am not looking forward to similar experience coming off of cybalta.  I hope it is nothing big since i have only been on it 2 weeks.  good luck to you.

hey people. im here to share my experience using cymbalta. I have had only bad experiences using this so-called medicine.  Cymbalta made me feel like I was using speed or something. my heart would pound, I would sweat all the time, I would speak very fast, It made me very aggressive toward other people. It became so intense that I had panic attacks and eventually was fired from a career in which I really enjoyed. I lost my job, my apartment, all my things,  because I was fired and due to the event that transpired, I was denied unemployment. Things began to snowball very quickly. I was having all sorts of weird thoughts and yes those bad thoughts that normally I would not have. The police were notified by a family member of mine who did not live w me and bc the police were called and because of the medicine I was on they called a doctor from a psychiatric hospital to come to my place. I did not want to talk with any of them...long story short, the swat team was called in and ended up using tear gas, tasers, hit me twice in the head with the end of their shotguns and automatic rifles finally the cuffed one of my arms and broke my left shoulder...I spent 5 days in a psychiatric center for evaluation. No medical attention for my shoulder was ever given to me and no charges were ever filed by the cops. While in this place they gave me all sorts of different drugs including cymbalta.. because I said yes to my private doctor who prescribed me cymbalta, this automatically made me "mentally ill" is how the doctors in the psychiatric center described it to me. They labeled me as mentally defective. I dont see how any of this had any positive effect on my life..So for all of you who want to to go green and be organic...stay with it...do not get on board with these doctors who want to hand out as many prescriptions as they can...To this day I do not take cymbalta I was never cleared from my doctor to be off this unsafe drug...I took myself off it and almost died. Im going green guys and gals..that means get a prescription for medicinal marijuana...do your research. marijuana has no side effects, will not kill you if you dont use it for a week or even a couple days..its non addictive...I also have bi polar disorder and ptsd. smoking marijuana really helps me..I sleep better have a better diet and dont get so worked up about bad memories or nightmares. Also my family enjoyes being around me. Is it coincedence? i dont think so...Stay away from cymbalta and big pharma companies...Its your choice people..dont get labeled like me..and Im a veteran. Our country does not care about you, they only pretend to. thank you for reading this.

Before my spouse died (while on Cymbalta for peripheral artery disease) they also gained 45 pounds, become excessively tired, slept 10-12 hours per night and was completely disinterested in everything, despite a prior history of active community involvement, participation in athletics, and general active life style. Was Cymbalta responsible? Seems very possible that I lost the love of my life to the greed and poor science of a pharmaceutical company.

I am so sorry for your loss.

I agree w/you this is not normal behavior - trust me I know. I have been ill for 12 yrs + and should of been back to work - my normal life after 3-6mos I figure. What is going on w/so many people being on anti-depressants?
We need to form an organization against this. Why r we so quick to take a pill. I know why! Just like when we have a cold, aren't feeling well - we are expected back the next day= there is no Letting things run their course or resting so the body can heal itself anymore. We by work & life need to be back right away. We put on a happy face EVEN if we r sad & sick - so we ourselves do not know HOW we feel.
Your Wife does not know what is going on - she is doing what she can - it is up to you to step in and SAVE her from herself & all the meds they give her - get a homeopath or which ever kind you feel comfortable with & get her off the meds - we almost need hospitals to save us from the doctors. This is not a JOKE. it is our future - I feel mine is gone forever I do not know how to get myself back - I have no desire to see anyone or do Anything or be anything I feel like a Zombie - I am sure I am a disappointment to my family as is your Wife & I feel bad but do nothing about it as I do not know WHAT to do?

did you have any problems with memory ?

I lost three years of my life while taking Cymbalta 60 mg a day - I do not remember raising my beautiful boys, going to work or my behavior during this time.

I Yuri kcal really try a different Dr., those things don't sound normal to me (& I am a Cymbalta taker)

I have done some reserch on this drug.  I myself have been taking it for over a year and what I found was that the 60mg that is always perscribed is TOO MUCH!  So I decided to start taking it every other day which worked well for me and reduced the constant fatique and tiredness feeling.  Don't get me wrong I still struggled with tiredness but not as bad.  The problem I found was that I started feeling so good with the every other day 60mg, that I convinced myself that I did not need it anymore.  Which I have also done in the past.  Luckily I have a level headed husband who helps me to see how out of control and upset I can get with out the help of this drug.  I recently weened myself off and have not had any for about 2 weeks what I am discovering is that things that should not bother me seem to be a crisis to me.  Like the cat knocking something over or a drip in the sink faucet.  I feel like I have to get everything done as quick as I can, Propbaly my anxiety that Cymbalta had been treating.  Anyway my thought is try 30mg that is what I am doing because then the good outweighs the bad.

Bonnie Griffin, Choctaw A

I am weaning off it now but was on since maybe 2007 and had the black outs as well. I didn't hit or bite but I did do VERY OUT OF CHARACTER behavior when in that black out zone.