Hi! I have diabetes tip 2, more than 5 years. Also I have diabetic neuropathy. I tried some alternative treatments for neuropathy, but didn’t help me at all. I heard that
Cymbalta can be useful in treatment of neuropathy pain. I know that Cymbalta is one antidepressant. If you know something about this issue please tell me. What are side effects of Cymbalta? Thank you!

Hi! I didn’t try yet this drug, but I will. The drug, Cymbalta (duloxetine), was approved for treating the diabetic neuropathy, the most common complication of diabetes. People treated with Cymbalta reported less pain compared to those given an inactive substance (placebo). The most commonly reported side effects were nausea, dry mouth, constipation, and diarrhea. In some cases, patients experienced dizziness and hot flashes. Talk with your doctor about this drug. He will inform you about this medication. Good lack!

My wife is suffering from Chemo Induced Peripheral Neuropathy.
Intially put on Gabapeatin @ 600mg a day, but it did not help.

Was perscribed Cymbalta a week ago @ 30mg per day and after two days was experienceing symptoms of extreme depression, which she did not have before the Cymbalta: loss of interest in favorite activities, sleeping all day. loss of appetite and unhappy.
The neuropathy pain did not go away and I know the doctor is going to say that we have to give it more time, but my wife isn't prepared to add depression to her other painful symptoms

Michael

dont take it! the side effects and withdrawal symptoms are hell. I was taking Cymbalta for neuropathic pain from a workers comp injury. the insurance company abruptly stopped paying for it. one of their doctors said i didnt need it. It has been pure hell. I feel suicidal. i feel like slitting my wrist. it seems like I'm running hot all the time. I keep my house real cold to combat this. Dont get me started on the "brain zaps." I walk around angry and depressed. I just hope that if I do something to myself, my family has the sense to sue the "you-know-what" out of my workers comp insurance company, their doctors and Eli Lilly.
The nightmarish dreams are scary as heck too. Those are the feelings I can explain, its hard to explain my feelings sometimes. It seems as though everything is surreal.

Let me first say that I have taken Cymbalta on and off for 4 years with no withdrawal effects.... I used to be addicted to pain meds so I know withdrawal is hell but for me this did nothing, absolutely no withdrawals or anything!!!

I stopped using pain meds after a short few months and was slightly addicted, went thru 3 days of painful withdrawal but that's it...

Okay if you have burning feet like I do then this medication is a life saver.... I was prescribed Cymbalta and Lyrica for burning feet and RLS. I also take Requip for RLS.

Anyway... My feet never burn at all now. I take Cymbalta with Lyrica or I switch between Lyrica and Neurontin which are similar and for the same thing.. Make sure they give you the strongest doce of Lyrica OR Neurontin. My DR told me to take them together!!!!!

I mean I am in soooooo much better shape then I was 4 years ago. Occassionally I forget to take the medication and my feet will start to burn the next day... So I remember to take my meds again! It has been a LIFE SAVER for me! I highly recommend it, for me it started working immediately.

I now take 60mg 2x daily Cymbalta - Side Effects 40 lbs weight loss (normal but only lasted a year and half.) It really makes you lose weight. Your appetite is decreased.

Lyrica - Dizzy sometimes.

Neurontin - NO side effects.

I suffer from Burning Mouth Syndrome (BMS), a horrific painful oral neuropathy, that began under an extremely stressful period of my life. Over the past 6 years, I have had little relief, except with the use of a Gapabentin-cousin, Lyrica. Lyrica is no miracle cure and has several side-effects (weight gain, dizziness, tremor, initial "high"/drunkenness feeling), but it has given me my only moments of relief. Another unfortunate thing about Lyrica is that the body builds a tolerance to it, i.e. the dosage must continually be increased and may not work after awhile. What I them am forced to do is go down, or even stop the medication, until I feel that it is helping again. Once more, Lyrica is NO miracle cure or treatment. But without it, I don't really know what I would do. Hope it could be of some help to your wife. I understand the experience of both physical pain and resultant depression. God bless.