Does Minocycline have any side effects? Is there nay warning for Minocycline that I should know? I don’t know anything about it. My acnes were definitely hormone related because I had tried numerous other ways to help it but none worked until the pill.

I know my hormonal acne did not start until about three months post pill. I am now 8 months post pill and I still have times where I flare up. I have finally decided to take minocycline a prescription for hormonal acne. It seems to be helping a lot! Before minocycline my acne became cystic and would stay just under the surface. It started out on my face but then moved onto my chest and back, but now it seems to be the only area that remains affected.

Everyone reacts differently to everything but everyone I know including myself on minocycline hasn't had side effects. I feel a little nautious if I don't eat with it but my face is completely clear. I heard it causes weight gain but I just don't see how that could be true. Dont stay on minocycline for a long term go back and forth on it.