I need some help. I've been having weird symptoms for awhile, and I don't know if they're connected, or what they're caused by, but I would really appreciate some input.

I've been having muscle pain and joint pain for several months now, particularly a dull aching sensation in my knees, even if I'm just walking. My muscles also feel like they're really weak; even lifting my arms for a short period of time makes them ache. I thought perhaps it's because I haven't been regularly exercising, but I'm afraid to because when I do exercise, it causes more pain and I don't know whether it's normal or if I'm actually hurting myself.

I also can't breathe normally, which has been going on for several years. I feel like I can never breathe deeply, except when I yawn. This includes when I'm speaking; I'll find that I'm breathless after just talking for a few moments, and it also is sometimes particularly bad when I'm eating.

My throat also feels consistently hoarse whenever I speak, which has also been going on for several years. It feels like my voice is weak and constantly strained.

Lastly, I've had urinary retention for about 4 years now, and I went to the doctor when it first started, but it still hasn't gone away.

I don't know if any of these are related, but they've been causing me a great deal of stress and making me really miserable, so if anyone has any advice, I would really, really appreciate it. I'm going to go to a doctor, but I'm not sure which type of doctor I should see, and I'm also afraid that a doctor will just think I'm making it up or that I'm a hypochondriac, because my symptoms are varied.

Thank you for your help.