Every time I take a deep breathe or even just a slightly larger than normal breathe I cough and it is like a dry cough. This has been happening for about 1.5wk now. Just yesterday the coughs have actually become "wet" sounding but nothing comes up. During these "wet" coughs my chest hurts. Can someone tell me if they know what I have. I am thinking Bronchitus but my boyfriend says I do not have it. Aside from all this stuff I have not been sick at all lately or even felt sick. This just came out of nowhere.

Cough is a protective reflex. It is usually caused by our body trying to get rid of the respiratory problem that could have occurred. It is usually some sort of an infection in the lower airways. It may go away on its own but if it persists, it should be looked at by a professional.

Some people just decide to you “anti-cough” over the counter medicines without realizing that they are actually getting rid of a protective reflux and that this removal could lead to unnecessary side effects.

There are many possible reasons you are having problems with coughing and if they persist, have it looked at. Some of the most common problems are interstitial lung disorders, cough following upper respiratory tract infection, bronchitis, inflammation within the airways, sinusitis, etc

You forgot to mention if you were a smoker or not as it may make a difference. Smokers cough mostly in the morning as their cilia (tiny hairs in the lungs) are trying to move out toxins from the lungs. It is a dry cough.

i have the exact same thing but in my case i got sick so i had a cold. Thats why i thought my cough was normal but then 3 days later I has Lasik eye surgery so they used anesthesia so I dont know if that could of affected in anyway? So my cold symptoms are gone now from the nose and what not but I still have this dry cough that happens when every breathe deep yawn or talk sometimes its really bothering me and worrying me since the cold is gone but not the cough...

practice breathing deep! To help increase your lungs strength, 6 sec. in and 6 out and push your breath low. If you still feel icky go to a doctor. Licorice Root tea help, make sure your not on heart meds.!... Do you smoke?

i have the same problem are you sure

I'm having a cough like this too and I just got over having sinusitis and laryngitis.

I have the same thing. I just got over a cold and now whenever I breathe in I quickly cough. I can really feel it in my throat. I have cysts on my thyroid so I was nervous it was caused by that because I still don't know what it is. It is benign. It is very uncomfortable. I would like to think there is nothing wrong with my respitory. I am sure it will go away on its own. I have had this many times before, but I never asked my doctor.

so what did you do to it to make it stop?

Get you're self some Covonia Dry Tickly Cough, i had the same problem so i thought id try a spoon ful and dam it helpped straight away, hope this helps :)

Same problem! Ive had this before and realized any cold air surrounding you (cold weather, fan ON, A/C on, window open etc.) will have a crucial effect and seriously worsen it. Cough Drops were my remedy and a scarf to keep the neck warm was all i did. when i inhaled i would feel the cough effect coming and when i exhaled id fight it but i didn't always win. Do your best not to cough towards the ceiling cause your practically scraping your air tubes :/ stay home and take "over the counter" medicine like NYQUIL.(That stuff shields you air tubes and lets you sleep like the princess that you are).

what if you do smoke. just no tobacco products. all herbs

i am 20yr male

weight normal 65 to 70

hieght 5'10'' 

i have exactly the same problem the only diffrence is i smoke little bit (low tar)when ever i breathe deeply i cough for no perticular reason ....its usually dry but once or twice mucus have occured i was a little sick last week ......due to the coughing a little pain is starting right in the middle of the chest and a little left...can anyone help me am i in trouble......im scared i have already thaught of quiting smoking....

PLEASE HELP HELP HELP..

please reply to my given email thanks

When you feel such cough, try to gargle after every three hours using luke warm water with salt. Please make sure that after gargle, do not eat or drink for atleast half an hour so that your gargling can effect well. Oily items like broast and others and also bitter things you stop for atleast three days (this means you have to kill your NAFS).
This is the best prescription of old peoples.

Thank you.
Asif Mahmood Butt

i have a football (or soccer) tournament coming up and i have the same problem. i really need help im gonna see adoctor