Hi i'm 14 and this has been going on for a long time probably for about two years.  Every one to two minutes I need to take a deep breath and sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.  I don't really know how to explain it like I can breathe regular breaths about 5 in a row and then I need to take a deep breathe again but if its not a proper breath and it doesn't fill my lungs completely I have to keep trying over and over again and after it not working a couple times I try and yawn and that usually works but when it doesn't, I don't even know how to explain the feeling, I can still breathe regularly but if I don't get a good deep breath its just so frustrating!  I start to get really dizzy too because i'm pretty much sitting there hyperventilating the entire day.  I never get a break this happens every day all day for two years and i'm sick of it. I cant even talk on the phone without sounding like a dragons breathing into it.  I'm failing school because I cant concentrate because i'm trying to breath like a normal person and the one time I tried to tell my mom she said i'm fine and its just another ailment and ill get over it. I didn't even want to say anything in the first place because I knew it wasn't going to get me anywhere but I just got so sick of not being able to breath I told her.  I've been researching it for a while and it sounds somewhat like asthma but I don't know.  Please help I just want to be able to be a normal teenager... What does this sound like? What should I do? 

I'm not completely sure what is causing you to feel this way, but the medical term for what is going on is called Dyspnea (or air hunger), and can be caused by a number of things (including anxiety). even if you don't consider yourself an anxious person, underlying anxiety about school or your personal life or whatever else can lead to your body being in a permanent "stressed out" kinda mode, due to the autonomic nervous system being activated into the "fight or flight" mode...also, Do you have asthma? It could also have to do with your vocal cords (vocal cord dysfunction) (does your throat ever feel "awkward", and feels like its closing in a weird way?? or choking?)...sorry i couldn't be of more help, but I hope you found this at least a little bit beneficial..

Good luck (:

Yes that's exactly what it feels like! not choking but closing in. That was really helpful thank you! :)

Hi, I have the exact same problem and I think inflammation of some sort could contribute because I have times where it's severe, average and barely noticeable. I hope to have insurance soon and I'll post my diagnosis in hopes it will help somebody else. Mine also is 24/7 and extremely frustrating and distracting. I've had this for well over a decade and when I first got it, it was severe. Now it goes from average to mild. It's so strange. I'm also suspecting a thyroid issue as I also have nervousness, palpitations and fatigue and I lose weight easily.