For last few days, I have problem with difficulty breathing and fever over 101 degrees. I have also had trouble in swallowing. When I said that to my friend, she told me it could be laryngitis. Could you tell me are those symptoms refers to this disease? If that is true, I want to know more about it.

Your symptoms refer to laryngitis, and according to problem you reported, I think you should visit your doctor. Laryngitis is characterized by a weak, hoarse, gravely voice, sore throat, often fever, and cough. This cough is commonly reported as dry and nonproductive, with a tickling in the back of the throat, and difficulty swallowing. The most common cause for laryngitis is a viral infection. Like a cough, laryngitis may hang around after the acute infection is over, which is confusing to some people. During laryngitis, the hoarseness may continue for several days to a week or longer. Problem with laryngitis is that disease is often irrigative in nature. I am sure you know many singers, politicians, auctioneers, and cheerleaders sometimes loose their voices because of their activities. You should also know that environmental causes such as smoking or being in an environment with second-hand tobacco smoke could also cause laryngitis. In the industrial or school environment, exposure to irritating chemicals can also lead to similar symptoms that cause laryngitis.