I'm a 19 year old female and i've been experiencing a sharp pain in my back between my right shoulderblade and my spine for the past six months or more. Its gotten continuously worse, and at this point sitting at my desk all day it becomes almost unbearable. I've also noticed recently that in the same area as the pain i've been experiencing a Tingling sensation, like something is crawling on my skin. it has become almost constant now, especially when sitting, but it varies from side to side of my spine, occasionally its on the same side as the pain, other times it is not.

I've been dealing with this for so long and i'm getting to a breaking point. I told my doctor several times and she just perscribed a Muscle relaxer, which hasn't done anything other than make me feel loopy.

If anyone has an similar experiences or can help i'd really appreciate it, I can't seem to find any information about it when i use a search engine.

I get this too, as well as pain in my hip. I'm seeing an Osteopath and my first session was great. I'm also having physio. I'm not a doctor, but believe tingling can be related to nerves; for me, I need to stretch out my muscles, which shortened form an old injury. I think there's been some pressure on my nerves - the tingling I had in my leg has gone now, but remains in my back. The stretches I'm doing are very basic; I've been told weights are out of the question right now. Hopefully, Osteopathy will help too. I'd recommend going to see one if you can as they delve into your history. Good luck.

Hi, hope u r better now, but I have had exact pain for a while & finally discovered 2 things: 1) some cervical stenosis and 2) due to 4 major scoliosis reconstruction surg's, muscles r weak, scar tissue is growing, ligaments & tendons have degenerated. Finally found. Pain mgmt doc who "gets it"...put me on anti-inflam's, lite muscle relaxers at bedtime, pp's Prn, 3 x wk I have Tens/heat/ultra sound. After 2 wks, much better! Do not know about future, but I do know keeping strong physically, emotionally & mentally is KEY. Hope to hear how u r!

PS: the position of my neck was also key in controlling the pain...it also helps to push my chin to the back using my neck (if u know that exercise) several times, holding it each time, doing whenever I think about it (typically driving as that position is a killer on my neck). Take care!