About 6 months ago I had my first Panic attack ever and ended up in the hospital because I thought it was a heart attack. My doctor started me on atenolol for heart palpitations and then I had another more severe panic attack where I was awake for 36 hours. My doctor then started me on Zoloft (50mg).

I have since decided to stop and started weaning myself off about 5 weeks ago. I read that the half-life is 24 hours, so I started by taking 25mg everyday for a week and then dropped 1/2 dosage every week thereafter. I just took my last dosage (1.5625 mg). During the 5 weeks I have had the "brain zapps" off and on that everyone talks about. Some days I had fewer zapps than others. But just last night I had a horrible feeling...

I don't know if anyone else has had this but, it was like my brain was shutting off. I could not formulate a  thought or image in my mind and I could barley talk. It was like I loosing all sense of reality and I started to panic thinking that I was dying. I asked my wife to "give me a picture". I love mountains and she started to describe me being in a mountain valley with her and our kids. The "dark" feeling soon went away, but it was very scary! Anyone else experience this after zoloft?