I just started taking zoloft and I was suppose to take 25mgs for 2 days and then start my full 50 mg dose on the 3rd day and continue like so. When I started taking the medicine i felt dizzy and nautious but when i took the 50 mg, i was so dizzy i coudlnt walk, my teeth were chattering and my whole body was shaking. The doctor said i should stick to just 25 mgs and that my body is sensative. I am worried this will never help my aniexty with just 25 mgs, but i couldnt even imagine taking 50 mgs. Anyone been through anything simular? Any suggesttions? Ive been taking xanax as needed just to get through my day untill the zoloft starts working. How long does that take?

I have been taking 200mg of zoloft a day for the past 2yrs or so for mod social anxity and have been trying too get off but can't because I go through really bad withdraws I was started at 25mg and didemt work for me

Hi Guest, in your wondering about Zoloft and Zanax, I've been on both for over 12 yrs ! My new dr said I was over-medicated as I told him I kept falling over, loosing my balance..however, I felt just fine and so down in the dumps after suffering a breakdown after being involved in a drive by shooting-they hit my truck but not me thank God. I've been taking 1/2 pill now twice a day instead of 1 whole pill 3 times a day - sure is hard to kick this one ---- good luck oh and my mg dose is 100 mg !

My Dr. prescribed me Zoloft. I havent taken it yet as I am doing research about Zoloft before taking it as prescribed.
Did zoloft actually make you have a better life, happier, etc?
Why did you deiced to quit taking zoloft?
Would you recommend others to take Zoloft?

Best regards,
Ben

I'm currently weaning myself off of Zoloft .I have been on it for about 8 years with a dosage between between 50 and 150 mg. It worked very well for my depression and obsessive thoughts (really well on the thoughts). I have tapered off over a period of 3 weeks with my MD's help. Today will be my first day without taking it. I must add I am starting Wellbutrin 300 mg. As for withdrawal from Zoloft I've had some serious brain zaps!!! I feel out of it, dizzy, agitated, emotional, tired, sore and frustrated!!!!! However it does seem to be easing up some ( might be the Wellbutrin kicking in ? If I knew how annoying this med is to get off of I would never have started it. That said I feel for everybody suffering with this and it reminds me that I don't have it as bad as other folks do. Stay Strong!!!