hello!
I would like to know what is the reaction of marijuana to Zoloft.

your anxeity will never get better if you keep smoking pot. Do yourself a favor and never smoke again. 

I had the WORST effects with Zoloft and weed. NEVER do this. I had to close myself in a dark room and be alone. I was convinced my boyfriend wanted me to smoke because in was laced with a date rape drug...I had no motor control. It was terrible it lasted about 6 hours! I've been taking Zoloft for about 6mo.s and never smoke. Anyway, don't do it. I had a worse trip than the worst trip you could have on X. Be careful.

aggy, you said that zoloft has no reaction with alcohol or marijuana and that is untrue and is a dangerous assumption. zoloft is a seratonin inhibitor, designed with the intention of keeping your body from feeling the physical effects of sadness. alcohol also contributes to seratonin output. according to my physician, who prescribed me zoloft, and simply to the label on the bottle, alcohol and zoloft she be mixed with extreme care and without excess. my personal experience makes it seem as if each alcoholic drink is twice as strong, limiting my alcohol tolerance. Also, a clinically identified side effect of zoloft is anxiety and marijuana obviously can create some sort of paranoia, so mixing the two is almost a sure recipe for serious anxiety and possibly anxiety attacks.

i succesfully combined those two. i'm on zoloft from the past 4 months and this weekend i smoked with my friends and it was a very pleasant experience.i felt really good and had much fun.though, my opinion is that u feel bad or good depending on your actual state when u smoke.and depends about every person

I don't know if it was due to the marijuana but..

I had been a heavy daily user of marijuana for many years and sometime last year was prescribed Zoloft for anxiety during some personal issues. Upon taking the Zoloft, my anxiety was gone, but I became extremely angry and aggressive which is completely out of character for me and had to discontinue it's use.

I have been on Zolfot for one year. At 150mg and 100mg doses. I smoked weed for the first time with zoloft recently and I had completely nothing go wrong. IN fact before zoloft I usually am the one to have really bad highs and become ultra paranoid on weed any usually am done only after 2-3 tokes, i feal as if im going to die. While on zoloft however i smoked again to see if I would have the same problem because there was this one time that i did get high and was actually in great bliss. On zoloft i wasn't even high after my normaly 3 hits and when i did finally reach that point it was extremely mild. No paranoia, no sweating, no feeling as if im going to die AT ALL. And the high faded extremely quickly.

Also on the alcohol note, my doc also told me, a(as does the label) that they shouldnt mix because it'll make you drunk faster et etc. But my doc (a college psychiatrist who knows im going to drink) said that its really no big deal and i could still drink and not to freak out when i see that no alchol label cause its really no big deal. and Whenever I drink I feel no change. I do not get drunk faster.

I have been taking zoloft for the past 8 years. I smoke pot daily and have never experienced any significant interactions. I will say that Zoloft makes me tired, as does smoking. I do get paranoid from time to time, but that's just par for the course. I have asked my psychiatrist if there is a symbiotic relationship between Zoloft and pot, and he said that coupling them would be fine. "Just take it easy on the drinking", he said. "It's wear and tear on the liver."
What many people are not aware of is that Zoloft does not transform personalities. If someone is a selfish jerk, on Zoloft, he/she is still a selfish jerk (but a more relaxed selfish jerk). It's so easy to blame a substance for making someone a monster when he/she is intoxicated; it is my contention that the intoxication is highlighting and exaggerating what is already there.
One must also take into account the user's state of mind at the time. That has a tremendous impact on one's "high" (mind over matter). Pot also allows one to become introspective, and it is usually an overwhelming feeling of guilt that triggers paranoid delusions. My advice-- enjoy the ride. Pot is a magical herb that works well on psychologically well-adjusted people.

for a year i smoked marijuana 3-8 times a week, as well as taking zoloft every day for that duration. NEVER did it once alter my high, mood, agression ect. though there was no real posetive gain from the pills either, which is why i am currently off of antidepressants. also, i am currently on the ADD medecine Adderal and currently feel no negative effects either.

P.S. All you hadcore stoners out there, if your fealing symptoms of lethergy, any at all, adderal is a godsend and has helped me stay in school, as well as raising my grade average from a high D to a 87 in six months. its incredible how this medecine has helped my attention and motivation, and highly recomend it.

I take zoloft and smoke weed regularly. Its my experience that the two amplify eachothers side effects. For example, the dry mouth caused by both drugs is pretty incredible. The paranoia that comes with pot may get to you, but if your an experienced drug user than its no trouble. Exhaustion does occur, especially when you wake up the next day and is probably the most negative side effect

Don't ever smoke weed if you're on Zoloft. I've tried it twice because I was too stupid to realize how bad it was the first time. I became panicky, spastic, paranoid, and nauseous. I thought I was going to lose my mind and be committed. It took around 5 or 6 hours to go down (as somebody else explained in a previous post). My second time was last night, and my head is still aching. Please, guys, if you're going to do it once and you're on anti-depressants (Zoloft in particular), PLEASE be careful. Or just don't do it at all.

Strange that it hasn't affected everybody in this way. Still I say be extremely careful if you're going to mix the two drugs. Start off slowly to see if you have any bad reactions.

I'm a pretty seasoned toker and the only anti-depressant I've had trouble with is effexor. It made me puke when I got high. Now that I'm off it, I can get high with the rest of 'em and not ruin anyone's buzz. Oh, for the record, I've been on zoloft and it didn't have any adverse effects with pot.

i have been taking zoloft for about 5 months and just this pasted weekend i tried smoking marijuana again (i used to smoke marijuana before i was on zoloft) and this time when i was on zoloft and smoking marijuana the result was the extremely pleasurable it lowered my anxiety and i felt very relaxed and i dont know it this was the zoloft or the strand of marijuana but it increased my experience greatly, so i have to conclude that i didn't suffer any side effects that affected me negatively but positively by increasing my high from the marijuana