Hello I am currently on day 20 of not smoking, about a month ago i tried to quit made it to 14 days then gave in, i have been more sucessful this time. The temptation is always there since i usually tell my roomies to blow the smoke in my face, however i am never tempted to smoke then usually just when i am alone late at night as that was my favorite practical time to get high. When i was smoking i would smoke every single day rarely if ever missing a single day at all. Somehow i always had just enough to get by and was affraid of not having any at all.
Anyways so i quit smoking because I have had bronchitos twice in 6 weeks and have an extremely limited lung capacity.
My first 2 weeks probably about 17 or 18 days actually i had severe panic attacks everyday, whenever i went outside, walking to class, eating in public, walking up the stair case in the library then going through a crowded area (i was possibly winded), studying, giving presentations for college class, and pretty much whenever i met someone new. This whole experience of panic attacks is not completely new to me. I have always been somewhat of a shy reserved person somewhat nuervous to meet new people. However i had never had shortness of breath like this, sweating, shaking hands, shortness of breath, pain in my chest, sometimes i thouht people were reading my mind and were judging me no matter what i did, making me stumble or look crazy. I felt schitzofrenic to say the least.
Well eventually i began smoking my sophmore year in highschool. I did it a few times after a couple of months even bought my first pipe and my own bag. I loved it. It relieved my anxiety, it killed the pain in my damaged knee (which i will have the rest of my life), made me a bit more self confident, a bit more paranoid, but to say the least I enjoyed smoking.
So lets just say i am a severely anxious kid anyways. So I have gone to see a couple of physchiatrists for diagnosis of my adhd, (i already knew i had it but i need a full review to get extra help with school). And he helped me somewhat with my anxietry talking me through it a little but didnt help a ton, he even recomended a few good herbal supplements; st johns wort (you can drink it as a tea or a pill i think, valerian root with passion flower, and holy basil trinity blend. Anyways those worked fine when i was studying/going to class i would say mildly sucessful better then now taking anything at all. I saw another physchiatrist at my school she recomended meditation i had tried it a few times but the anxiety always sets in and i give in to the feeling of my chest hurting and focus on that. Well i try to use immagry and immagine the sound it works somewhat. I am working on it everyday and it is becoming easier.
Adderal that im prescribed to i am not sure if it helps me or hurts me but i deff. need it for school. Stimulants make you more nuervous!
So anyways after a week of trying to get a hold of my real doctor I finally told her how i was feeling and she prescibed me to zoloft for my anxiety. Mainly because of the regularity of my panic attacks. I am now on my third day of 25mg. I feel sleepier each day making me unable to accomplish much at all. I am taking my finals this week and have no evergy to do anything. I am eating a diet rich in fruit, taking vitamins (i had to quit taking the herbal supplements bc they may interact with zoloft) I just feel so damn low on energy. Oh yeah I am not depressed well not really till the adderal wears off! so should i stay on the zoloft? I think i should since i likely have a chemical inbalance after tripping on 15 hits of acid over a 3 day period (like 5 months ago), ive done mushrooms/ chocolates about 10 times, abused prescription drugs a little though i never snorted them just recreationally, drinking since i was in seventh grade, and smoked at least a gram to two grams a day for 3 years (thats just by myself). My family has a history of depression and drug abuse, I am not depressed just severly anxious!
Should i just take more adderol I am prescribed 2-20mg xr's and 1-5mg non time released everyday. I have only been taking 20mg a day. I dont drink caffine anymore though i quit getting the shakes now i think, well not as bad!
Oh yeah and i drank once with the zoloft has anyone had any bad experices with that. Sometimes i sh*t blood already lol. Or maybe my as****e i to chafed from shitty toiletpaper. I will get it checked out someday.
Any advice would be appreciated.
******
I found the link above its pretty cool. Check it out.
i plan on swimmng soon well next semester after i have less to do though i tend to walk at least 4 miles each day.

**edited by moderator**

I had cut my dosage of adderal in half after having 3+ panic attacks a day. Thus only taking 1 20xr. However eliminating caffine, sugar, chocolate, and energy drinks i didnt have much to go on.
Cure: I eat 4-5 servings of fruit a day.
I take the recomended dosage of adderol 2x20xr and a 5 mg in the afternoon.
It seems to be working however my hands still seem to shake a bit.
Quitting does get easier with time
I can now drink caffine. I just limit time in public i have general anxiety disorder didnt get bad till i quit smoking

Yeah man not smoking is so hard i cant even make it for 2 days without rolling a blunt. i live with 2 pot heads and they smoke around me all day. I tried to quit smoking and start boozing that didnt work, so im sttill stuck quitting and being forced to NA meetings. I have smoked every day the last 4 years of my life. its terrible i love weed

I had an addiction problem and had a "bad trip"(went to the ER with bad chest pains from a panic attack) when I was high one night. After that I decided to never smoke again and went to the doctors shortly after my ER visits. For awhile he didn't do anything, told me to eat properly and stop drinking caffeine. That was really hard, the caffeine withdrawal I went through was a total pain and gave me a lot more panic attacks cause I was wondering why I felt so awful for the 2 weeks it took me to withdraw from it. I made an appointment about 2 weeks after my initial visit and told him that I couldn't concentrate and was really depressed about that. He later prescribed me Zoloft which I am no longer taking thanks to another doctor weaning me off it. The Zoloft was horrible, made me feel jittery and made concentration even harder...specially because it was during finals week :\ I do know though that if that small of a dosage is making you sleepy then you should take it before you go to bed..that is what my doctor recommended to me when I was first put on zoloft.