Hello there! I have been prescribed Zoloft for my panic and anxiety attacks and I wanted to know if I could smoke marijuana at the same time cos sometimes I do with my friends at parties!!! Does marijuana reacts with Zoloft?

I don’t know if you were informed but marijuana can provoke panic and anxiety attacks as well. I don’t know how it reacts with Zoloft but…maybe marijuana is the one who is responsible for your problems!!!!

i take zoloft to and both times i have smoked since i started it this week i get really high and fall asleep

dubin wrote:

Every drug reacts differently with other drugs. What you need to be asking is does the THC in your marijuana react negatively with the Zoloft you've been prescribed? Answer: Yes. Zoomers jack with your high. If you smoke pot, and take your zoloft, then more than likely you'll end up with a bad trip.

I have just recently quit using marijuana and am experiencing pretty terrible withdrawal that was completely unexpected.. However, sometime last year while smoking heavily and daily, I was prescribed Zoloft for anxiety due to some pretty heavy stuff in my personal life. It did take away the anxiety but made me instead very angry, irritible and aggressive which is completely out of character for me. I am now wondering if it was the combination of the two together that made the use of Zoloft not work for me. Any more thoughts?

Well I have been reading up on it for a while.. and am (was) a heavy pot smoker.. as I have started taking Zoloft I have noticed that instead of getting 'high' I experience a tightness in my chest and increased heartrate... similar to that of a suvire anxiety attack.. but without the actual anxiety... as of today I have stopped smoking weed and HOPE this side effect deminishes.. (and I can avoid smoking all the pot there is laying around here as im living with a medical user >.<)

After using pot every night for a number of years I fell into a depression and was prescribed Zoloft to assist. Starting on 50mg and increasing to 200mg I found the paranoia and other adverse THC effects disappeared but I noticed a general lethargy hanging over me since I started as well as a mild decrease in cognitive abilities. I am currently in my 3rd day of cold turkey getting of Zoloft, mainly anxiety attacks, muscle cramps and disorientation, typical withdrawal luggage, but every day was a bit better than the last.

I've been on zoloft for 10 yrs now and have been an occasional pot smoker all along. My experience has always been very positive. In fact, on the zoloft alone I still tend to feel kind of flat and emotionless, but when I smoke pot, I feel like my true personality comes out. I'm more talkative, social, and feel like I think I should feel with just the zoloft (but don't). If I could find an anti-depressant that does the same thing for me, I'd be willing to give up the pot. But until then...

Hi guys, it makes me cringe to think that you guys are silly enough to be smoking pot while taking this medication!!! This is much much worse than drinking and taking antidepressants. You may not be affected upon the time of smoking, which is why you may think its ok, but it is doing you alot of mental damage. If you are smoking pot on this medication, chances are you will never get out of your depression, and you are putting yourself into great harm for no reason. It will lead to a heart attack. Be warned smoking pot with antidepressants can lead to people being put in metal wards.

nomembrane wrote:

Can you tell me the sources where you got that information?

Quote:

Wow. That is complete and utter ...... I challenge you to list 1 study that shows what you've just said.

I am on Zoloft and I have been for almost a year. The first smoking weed on the drug was utterly hilarious haha. I started having a panic attack. I would zone in and out and my friends said it had lasted about 2 hours! I was scared sh*tless because I had no idea what was gonig on. I have smoke pot since then I thought it was because it was my first time smoking out of a bong and I took a pretty big hit, the other times was just out of a doobie or a pipe anyways the most recent time I was hot boxing my friend's car and I started to shake and get twitchy and my heart started to race I thought I was going to have the same experience, but I remaind calm and it ended up being the best high I had ever had. I was laughing the whole time hahahaha. But everytime I smoke I get the shakes, I twitch, and my heart races. Just be careful and have people around that you trust and will help you out if you start to panic.

Marijuana is the GIFT FROM GOD.
You will not have problem smoking marijuana and taking any kind of medicine.

If you feel something is wrong about smoking Marijuana, it means that you are the one that is having some problems. Not the Marijuana.

Go ahead and smoke it. Respect what God has created for you, It is more than just getting high. If you feel totally the opposite that means you are either evil or satan. You just againts God.

Quit your zoloft and start smoking lot of pots.
GIFT FROM GOD for all of your mental problems

weed is a depressant drug, if you have been smoking for sometime then your depression may be completely from smoking weed and/or other issue in your life, i recently read an article about someone who was taking zoloft while still smoking weed, which caused a panic attack where as a result killed his girlfriend.
Weed reacts differently with all people, i use to enjoy smoking pot, i thought it calmed me down although as time went on my come downs became alot worse, also when i was high it would tend to make me think about things more which resulted in sleepless nights and a few hospital visits, sleep is very important.
If you want to take control of you depression your going to need to stop smoking or cut right back.
Weed destroyed my life, i lost my job, my girlfriend, my family and almost my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the choice is your's, a life you can remember or life in a daze.