I have been on the pill for a couple of years now, never missed a single pill though sometimes might take them a few hours late by accident and for the last 9 months orso I have been running packs on so I only have a period every 3 months. I've never spotted since my first ever month on the pill and my periods have always come as expected.

I had my period on Sep 10th - 14th (they are short and light usually because of pill) but on the 29th of september I had a strange browny discharge like the end of a period whenever I wiped after peeing but nowhere near enough to wear a panty liner.
I took a pregnancy test 2 days later just in case it was implantation bleeding and it was negative but im pretty sure it would be too early to show anyway. Since im not planning to have another period for two more months when should I test again? I have no idea when I would have ovulated or anything haha.

Some people have suggested spotting from stress (I have just started uni..) but I have been more stressed than this before and had completely normal periods and things so it is really odd for my to get this type of bleed.

Any suggestions welcome :-)

p.s. I have sex regularly and have been weeing alot more to the point i have to wake up in the morning to wee.

I will keep you all informed on what happens. :3

Took another test this morning (2nd October) and says negative.
Still might be too early to show but doubting I am pregnant now. But i guess if i took a period my first day of missed period would be on Friday 8th of october.

Hi there. Please keep me informed with your situation. I am also on the Pill and experiencing symptoms of pregnancy. I am wondering if I had implantation bleeding or not too. I have bought a test but am waiting to take it..

Hiya :-) I will. Ah what symptoms? Yeah I think we have to wait to test one week after when our 'period' should be to be sure. I'm not taking one though haha I'll just keep testing, pregnancy tests are so cheap in supermarkets in the uk.

My friend thinks I may have just had breakthrough bleeding because of starting uni and the stress but im sure it would have lasted longer and not been brown in colour, I have also not been feeling that stressed. Have you been more stressed or had any lifestyle changes?

Hey. Yeah, Im always stressed so to me that wouldn't cause anything different and I am not any more stressed right than normal except for the fact that I am wondering if i am pregnant.

I have only been on the pill for two months and I had the side effects that come along with it like breast swelling and tenderness, bloating, etc and my "withdrawal periods" have been regular so I assumed the pill was working. I had "unprotected" sex, no condom, maybe 3 times since I started the pill and i waited a good three weeks before doing so.

This last month I got my period during hte placebo week, but one day after I had some pink spotting very lightly and then ever since then I have been having terrible lower back pain and some slight nausea and cramping. It has now been a week and I'm still experiencing the same symptoms. I am really wondering what is going and if Ic ould be pregnant and still have had my withdrawal period..... I think it may be too early to test so i am saving it.

Yeah I'm always stressed and get IBS so I didn't think it would be the reason. Oh okay, I'm pretty sure the pill is effective straight away so having unprotected sex should be fine 99% of all cases for pregnancy though still chances of STI's. But when I was diagnosed with IBS I got checked for all of them and have been with the same bf for 2 years.

So did you have the period and then it fully stopped then how many days after did the new bleed start? When i have withdrawal bleeds i start about 3 days after stopping taking the pill and carry on into about 2 days of the pill. It's like your body has a slight hormonal catch-up lag.
You're still quite new to the pill so the hormones could be effecting you, maybe if it's not pregnancy check with the doctor anyway, another pill might suit you better. Well I guess you could try to work out when you last had unprotected sex and if the timescale fits with implantation and things. Then maybe you could see how early you can test?
:-)

I had my withdrawal period 3 days into the placebo week as normal. It seemed like a pretty normal flow but I guess I could be wrong. I stopped my period the following Sunday, but had the faint pink spotting right after my period - the next day after I started the new pack of pills.

I keep reading everywhere people saying that just because you have a period it doesnt' mean you're not pregnant..

I did have sex around the time I would supposedly ovulate, but I thought the pill was not supposedly to let you ovulate..? I am so confused and still in a lot of back pain with some cramping in the front.

It also seems like I have been peeing a lot more ... :-(

Ahh yeah tht sounds normal.. it could just be the very end of your period? Might just seem odd cause your on the pill and slowly the periods become lighter and shorter like mine are now.

I guess I knew my bleed was odd because of the different colour and the fact I was right in the middle of a pill pack.

Ahh right. Yeah I think some people may still bleed.. I should read up on that. Seems odd though seeing as the first sign normally of pregnancy is missing your period. I'm sure I read someone on this forum saying if your pregnant you will not have a full period but they could be wrong :T

No it's not supposed to but I guess sometimes ( 1 in 100) it must happen. Humm I guess symptoms could be related to something else or just effects from the pill.

I'm gonna test Wedsnesday and next sunday again then probably if its still negative assume i'm not pregnant. I'll keep you updated :-)

Hiya, just to keep everyone informed - I took another test this morning (what would be the first day of missed period) and it was again negative.

I guess random bleeds just happen. Best to check but not to worry so much.
I'm pretty certain i'm not pregnant which is slightly sad but at least I can get back to drinking at uni.

All the best.

Hey thanks for the update.

I have tested twice and they were both negative. I am still feeling pretty awful so I am going to test again in another few days or week.

I wasn't pregnant :-) I am back on this forum wondering again though...

but the answer for this time was that my period was trying to sync with my new flatmates so I would bleed a little when they came onto their periods :p