Hi. I've been on BC (Cyclen) for three months now. On the 25th of June (day 1 of my new pill pack), my bf and I had a good deal of sex (no condom). Haven't had sex since, because he's been away on business. On the 11th of July (a week before my period was due), I started spotting. By the 13th, the bleeding was heavy enough to resemble a full period (though at the time, I just assumed it was heavy breakthrough bleeding because I'm new to birth control). The bleeding continued, but got lighter until the 16th- the day my period was due. On the 16th and 17th, I had a dark brown, light quantity discharge, and no blood, and now, the 18th, I've stopped bleeding entirely. Because I don't understand the difference between implantation bleeding and periods-on-the-pill, I took a hpt yesterday, which came out negative.
But...I'm still a bit worried (or maybe paranoid). So I'm looking for opinions. Is it possible to have breakthrough bleeding and no period, and not be pregnant? I figure my chances of being pregnant are slim, giving that I've maintained my pill-taking schedule to the T, and the 25th was a lower-risk day for pregancy, given where I was in my cycle, and because I've got no other symptoms, other than the lack of a period and the weird brown discharge. But is it possible??!! Should I take another test?
Also, my bf gets back today, and I assume we will be having sex. Since my cycle is screwed up, I'm concerned I'm not protected- I'm three days into my placebo pills, but without a period to say that I'm not ovulating, I'm wondering if I can trust it...

TECHNICALLY your cycle on the pill IS UNLIKE YOUR NORMAL CYCLE...So it would not have really been day 25..it would have been whatever day the pill pack said...

THE pill works by stopping ovulation! NOegg=NO pregnancy =)

It is normal to experience some breakthrough bleeding and spotting on the pill, and most women do not get their periods unitl 3-4 days into the placebos.

IF you take your pill everyday like you are supposed to, you are ETREMELY low risk for pregnancy.

i'm taking trustpill for about 11mos. ..my bf and i have sex the day after my menstrual period.is there a possibility that i will be pregnant???