Hi, I'm 18, on birth control, & I missed my period(usually comes on EXACT DAY every month)! My boyfriend pulled out late at the beginning of the 2nd week of my birth control pack! I didn't miss ANY PILLS this month! A few days after having sex, I developed a yeast infection & recovered successfully after using Monistat 7 for a week. A few days later I developed an ingrown hair & had it lanced yesterday(day before my period was SUPPOSED 2 come & wound is now currently draining). 2day I missed my period that normally comes and I also started an antibiotic perscribed by the doctor! I was wondering should I be worried about being pregnant or is my missed period linked to all of the trauma this month? PLEASE HELP ME!

When you are on birth control pills and you take them correctly (and you say you didn't miss a single one), then the pills prevent you from ovulating and that's how they protect you from getting pregnant. The period you have when you are on birth control pills is not the same thing as your period without the pill. Depending on the type of BC pills you are taking, you get your period when you are on placebo or sugar pills. That period is in fact a breakthrough bleeding caused by the lack of hormones that the pill provides during the rest of the month. And for some women that have been on the pill for years it actually can take a few months before they start ovulating and become fertile again. So, this is not uncommon thing to happen when you are on BC pills, in fact - the longer you are on the pill the bigger the chance that you'll start skipping periods.

Thanks for explaining how birth control work and all of your help, I was extremely worried!