Hi I missed my last depo at the end of March 09 as I know it takes months or years for your body to be fertile again about a month after stopping it I had a short period but thought nothing of it and had sex unprotedcted with my partner as you cant get pregnant straight away. But I have now got really sore nipples which seem to be pointier !! along with period pains but instead of period just got clear discharge as well as feeling sick randomly ! are these side affects of comming off the depo and are there any more side effects to look out for once you come off the depo. Please help !!!!

lauracurtis wrote:

My experience with coming off of depo included irregular periods. However, if there is a 1% chance of getting pregnant while you're ON depo, there is certainly a chance of getting pregnant when you're off of it. I don't recall knowing that it could take years to get pregnant after coming off of it. When I was pregnant, my nipples were sore and I know women who have had a couple of periods during the early stage of pregnancy. You might want to take a reliable pregnancy test if it's not too early.