im 48 and just gome off the depo injection after 8 years. the doctors failed to tell me i was not supposed to be on it at may age as it causes crumbling of the bones. (thanks for tellingme) so now im on the mini pill. i have not had a period for the 6 years i was on the depo so was expecting one soon. but no i have been on the mini pill for 6 weeks and no sigh of a period but i have got stomache cramps most days and my nipples are really sore and swollen. is anyone else suffering this kibd of reaction ??? thanks jenny

I received my FIRST and ONLY depo shot on April 23rd...since it made me gain about 8 pounds, I decided to not get the second shot. I was due for my second shot on July 23rd, it is now August 18th and I have INCREDIBLY sore nipples, and little twingy cramps in my stomach. I have been nauseaus like never before too. I took a pregnancy test just in case, but it came back negative. I will never recommend this shot to ANYONE! I keep freaking out thinking that I COULD be pregnant, because they hurt so so bad! Anyway...no u are not the only one I guess..unless it's just coincidence.

hi my last due date for the depo was 10th December 08 its now late jan 09 lately iv been feeling really sick have been sick swollen stomach very tender breasts and have grown larger too heavier. twinges in my stomach unbearable pain sometimes iv took 4 tests but lately not took one as all negative but tonight my boobs have leaked what i can only say is the beginning of the milk you produce... i have a 5 yr old so i know the color and texture and it seems then same.... but i cant be pregnant can i?? all the tests are negative but these symptoms r unreal am i alone here... iv been on this pill b4 i had my son and NEVER experienced any symptoms like this b4??

I was wondering why my nipples hurt so bad. Ive been on the depo for about a year, I was about a week and a half late getting my shot this month and I wasnt sure if the reason was because of that. I havent had sex in over 6 months so I know im not pregnunt. i shouldnt be anyway.

hi guys ive been on the depo for just over a year and as ive put on so much weight my bf and i decided to stop sex and for me to get back to my normal weight, i should of had my injection on the 16th of june 09 and its now 30 of july 09.

my stomach is swolen and im getting craps like i would if i were about to start my period but its no where in sight, im getting slight milk from one brest but their not sore.

i;m doing pregnancy tests evey week and their all negative

what i do know is (and ive asked my doctor) the depo stays inthe system and milk and or sore nipples and boobs are sometimes a side effect.

but what woorying me is that we are using condoms and none of them have broken but im getting weird sensation that i might be even tho countless tests say otherwize.

if im right these symptoms are your body getting back to normal because the depo stops everything completely though i'm still aprehensive so im booking a doctors appointment soon when i know what days i have off in work

Ffirex

Goshh this really helped (: thank you.
I really though i was the only one i was due my next injection the the 25th March 2010 and i obvs didnt go for it and now my nipples are really sore. They have been for a couple of days and i though i would have been pregnant, so i took a couple of tests and they came back negative.. soo i decided to look it up and saw this. (: awhh thanks :-D

omg! me too i was worried i came off the depo in feb 10 and went straight on mini pill this last day or two my nipples feel bruised and sore ive been gettin uncontrolllable nausea and bloating although it wudnt b the end of the world if i was pregnant i dont feel ready just yet i havent had a period for 2 years an was thinkin was pregnant but how cud i b with no period now hearing of ur experiences im reassured that its just a symptom of coming off the depo?? %-)

what great reading, thank you to all the ladies that have posted something on this wall. i have just come off the depo injection three months ago, after having the injection for ten years, and loving it to be honest. no period, no period pain, no pregnancy, etc etc. but my time had run out. for the last three weeks i have had terribly sore nipples, not so much my breasts, but my nipples have been feeling very bruised and tender. the doctor was not entirely sure but suggested it could be a side effect to coming off the injection, or a sign that my first period in ten years was on its way. hard to remember the pre-menstrual symptoms i used to suffer as it was so long ago.

so thank you, for great reading and helping me piece this puzzle together. i've been worried it could have been something else but nice to know i am not the only one suffering painful nipples post the depo.

after having my daughter i started the Depo shot. which will be about 2 years in September/10....my boyfriend and I decided i wouldnt get my Depo shot on June 21ish because we have decided to have another baby! :-) ...over the last 2 or 3 days ive been feeling sick, ive had horrid stomach aches, a tiny bit of spotting and my nipples are sore ( way more then i remember when i was prego with my daughter)....this really helped me out to read that im not alone!....i was about to go grab a pregnancy test for myself!!

thanks everyone for the posts,

I'm 24 years old and had been on the depot for 5 years. I came off the depot 4 months ago, and have not been on anything since then. After 3 months, I had one period which lasted almost two weeks; in the lead up to this period, I had stomach cramps, headaches and general nausea, and had difficulty sleeping. I've also developed a bit of acne on my chest and a little on my face.

In the last week I've had sore nipples and now sore breasts, which are very heavy and also feel bruised. They are maybe 2 cup sizes bigger than before! Have also seen a massive increase in my sexual libido.

I'm definitely not pregnant as I'm a lesbian (was on the depot to regulate my periods which were excruciatingly painful), and have not had sex with a man since I was 18 years old!

So it seems to me that all these symptoms, in my experience, are due to coming off the depot; I thought I'd put this on here for others, who are definitely not pregnant, to compare to. I have an appointment with my Doctor in 2 weeks anyway, so if I'm still getting these symptoms I'll check with the Doctor anyway. Always best to do so in case it's something else!

This thread has really put my mind at ease. I was on Depo provera for 2 years and when i came off i had a period straight away. I've been bleeding on and off for 8 weeks now which i've been assured is normal and can take up to 14 weeks to stop. But i was very worried about my nipples coz they've been very sore. I am however over the moon that they have swollen to a size bigger and hope this lasts! Am glad to read other people have the same issue as i was worried there was something wrong with me.

hi all i found this web site good i came off the depo five months ago and my tummy is killing me with cramps and my nipples are really really sore i even took a pregnancy test and it came up negatived thank god i am sitting here today on the coach in my pjs and a hot water bottle on my tummy... and i also was taking evening primrose oil to see would that help and its not.. i really would like it to stop and for my periods to come, to get back to normal.... :'( :-(

I am glad I am not the only person with this issue. I am 25yrs old, almost 26, I was on depo from the age of 15 to 24. I took my last shot in October 2009, didn't get a period until April 2010, then in May 2010 I started getting my period every 2 weeks which drove me nuts because I hadn't had one in almost 10 years. I called my Dr she told me that I was producing estrogen but not ovulating, she put me on the pill for 3 months to help regulate my periods. I stopped taking the pill in Sept 2010, its now the end of Feb 2011 my periods are coming on an average of a 34 day cycle. I am trying to get pregnant but nothing yet. This last week I have had really sore nipples, felt like vomiting every day. I don't drink pop or juice just water and every time i drink water makes me want to vomit more. I am thinking I may finally be pregnant but the Dr also told me that it can take anywhere from 6 months to 24 months for the depo to get out of my system completely since I was on it for so long. They did not mention any side effects like this. I can honestly say I would never recommend taking the shot to anyone!

O
M
G

I am so glad I found this sight and am not the ONLY one going thru this BS!!!! I am 26 yrs old. I have only gotten ONE depo shot in october 2010. I went back to my doctor in Jan to get it, but NOPE ... I declined.

I noticed in the past month/month n half.. I have had a period for ohhh.. about 2 weeks straight. And the past week or so my boobs have friggin HURT!!!! More or less my nipples feel SO SORE. Not to sound graphic.. but it feels like someone chopped em straight off. Im glad to see Im not the only one enuring this pain..

BUT! Is there anything you can do to help with the pain? I ask my fiance to rub em, he just thinks im bein a perv! Help!!

I had been on Depo off and on for years (the last was for 1.5 yrs), and went off of it in the summer of 2010. I have had the swollen, painful breasts and nipples for 4-6 months now, and they just seem to get worse and worse. I went from a 34DD to a 34 G/H and it's really no fun. Relieved to hear that this is a known side affect, but I hate to tell you ladies that it may not go away any time soon. As for Depo itself, unless this lasts for a couple of years, I think the many years of no period was still worth it!! ; )