i've been on the depo shot for ayear,i berly decided to get off of it cuz i gained alot of weight ,2 days later, i had sex with my boyfriend 3 days later i bleed a little bit from 3:Oo to 9:Oo pm 1 week later i start my period for like 5 to 6 days usually my period lasts for up to 3 to 4 days,then it stopped while i was on my period i had sex with him again(it was always unprotected)now i get like brown mucus and very little cervical discharge ami pregnant its been a week almost 2?????????please answer me i need to know....

It is really unlikely that you would get pregnant. In fact, that is exactly why I am on here. Everything you read about will tell you that depo prevents pregnancy for up to 18 months after you get off of it. From the symptoms you are describing, it doesn't sound like you are pregnant. While it is possible to have a period while pregnant, it is unlikely. Depo takes a long time to leave your system.
I am trying also to find out if it is possible for you to get pregnant very shortly after depo, because it has been about 3 weeks off the shot for me and I am experiencing extreme pregnancy symptoms. I have been tired and sleeping constantly, my breasts are sore now for almost 2 weeks and feel swollen (though my husband says they are not, the feel swollen), I have been having headaches, mood swings that are not like me, and just generally feeling crappy, but I am not sick. I am really confused about this because I thought you couldn't get pregnant right away...... I know that the only way to really know is to take a pregnancy test, which I did a few days ago, but it could have been too early. I bought another, but I am almost afraid to check.

I just came off the depo shot too. It has been a few weeks. Well almost a month I guess I have have the same symptoms. Always sleeping, headaches, mood swings. I have no idea if it is possible to get pregnant or not. I wasn't on the depo shot for long.

The first time I ever went on Depo, I was on it for 2 years. I stopped and went on the pill for one month. I was shocked that I got pregnant as soon as I came off the pill because I was told that the depo would still be in my body for up tp 18 months after coming off it. All I can say is that every woman is different and some women are more fertile than others, so if you know that you can get pregnant easily, then I think that it is easier for you to get pregnant after coming off depo, and it can happen quicker than the docs say.

I was on the depo for a total of 10 years, I have taken breaks for up to a year and never seen a period. I was suppose to have my shot end of may, waiting for a period to start birth control. 3 weeks ago i was spotting but very little more like a pink discharge now for two weeks i have had nothing but pregnancy signs and symptoms. Sleeping lots, crying constantly, lower back pain, nausea, tightning in the lower tummy, slight on and off cramping, weird dreams waking up early early in the am and having the worst nausea ever. I have taken two pregnancy tests both negative. Am I Pregnant???????????????????

I was on depo for about 2 years, was due my last shot end of june but did not have as partner and i want to try for another baby. It's now been about 9 weeks and my periods have not returned and i've been having very pregnancy like symtoms, the constant sleeping, tender breasts, shooting pains, back ache, nausea you name it i've had it. I've even taken about 6 pg test as i thought maybe i could be pregnant asthe last time we decided to try for baby i concieved first time, but this doesn't seem to be the case. I'm so angry that the doctor did not tell me about any of the effects depo can have on you when you come of it, and now to make matters worse i've heard my sister has PCOS and i already knew my mom had it and the docs say that i could have it as it can run in the family. has anyone else suffered from pcos and got pg after depo?????????? I'm really worried now incase I can't concieve.

ninette wrote:

i've been on the depo shot for ayear,i berly decided to get off of it cuz i gained alot of weight ,2 days later, i had sex with my boyfriend 3 days later i bleed a little bit from 3:oo to 9:oo pm 1 week later i start my period for like 5 to 6 days usually my period lasts for up to 3 to 4 days,then it stopped while i was on my period i had sex with him again(it was always unprotected)now i get like brown mucus and very little cervical discharge ami pregnant its been a week almost 2?????????please answer me i need to know....

I have been having the same exact problem as you. I've been off depo for 2 weeks now. I think im just going to go to the gino and get it checked out, cause I have been haveing sympthoms of being pregnant, but i spot and I have had a weird brownish discharge. It might be just the change from the depo, but I'm still going to make sure.

i was on the depo for a year and did not like the way it made me feel. after 6 weeks of being off i felt many of these symptoms,i alos took a pregnancy test. only to discover it was negative. these symptoms persisted for months. till i see a dr about 4 months later who gave me a stick to pee on, it was still negative, but he orderd a few blood tests PG being one.. and it came back positive. i was definatly pregnant.. an ultra sound confirmed it, i proceeded to get prenatal care, when i hit about 7 months i had horrible pains. dr did another ultrasound and found the baby had been misformed. at this point i had to dliver the baby upon testing they had found that it was the depo that had blocked the fetus from being able to form properly.
i will never go on depo again. if you do get pregnant with in the 18 months be very sure the baby is forming correctly

hi ive been feeling my boos sore and ive been getting sick and not able to eat as much.i havent got my period after the depo either.ummm can i get pregnant right after the depo

i got off the shot back in november due to financial circumstances and since then i have been having many of the pregnancy symptoms as well...
sometimes pee a lot, sore breasts, pain in stomach, stomach is rock hard now, breats have actually grown like a cup size, and some discharge, sometimes i think my body is trying to have a period but then nothing happens but cramps.

I just git the depo shot August 22 and i had sex 2 days after but nothing happend. but now i have to get my second shot on november 13. ive been having symptems of pregnecy for about 3weeks, i took a test and it was positive. but the next day i had really heavy bleeding, and i didnt get my period since i got the shot. the bleeding was going on for about 2hours then i just stoped .i wanted to noe if that was posible??

I'm gonna sound like a broken record here...but I'm the same way...only i was on heavy antibiotics for a week and now i've been off my shot for almost 2 weeks. My boyfriend and I broke up after 2 years, so i didnt expect to have sex with him anymore...I was wrong and it was very much unprotected. So now i wake up sick, and cramp through out the day, even though i dont feel like eating normally just ranodom cravings, my head hurts and I'm emotional which is weird for me...i never had a normal cycle so i have no idea if i am pregnant or not...oh bother...any ideas?

Hi i am young, but i was suppoed to go for my last shot OCt. 2010 and then within that wekk of not having it i had a normal perod. howver while i was on the depo i had bled most of the time i was on the shot for about a year. now it is the end of january still no period i spotted in this time period for 2 and a half days . my breasts hurt bad as well. am i pregnant??

hi i am pretty much kinda of in the same boat of all of you guys and to the questions about the depo about getting pregnant within 18 months it is possible i got told by the pharmist that as long as you are having your period every month you are ovulating and fertile. i am 25 years old and i started depo when i was 17 i got off of it a year ago because i am trying to get pregnant i have been having my period every month since i got off my needle which i never did when i was on depo and like the pharmist said as long as you have your period you can get pregnant but any ways i've had it every month and have been having sex unprotected regularly to try and get pregnant and i had my last period november 15 2010 for about 5 maybe 6 days it is now january 26 2010 and i have yet to recieve my period i've now missed 2 periods a week ago i had a little bit of brown discharge the one time i went to the bathroom and that was it also i have had lots of symptoms like cramping and nausea belly getting tighter been very tired all the time and nothing satisfies me and have werid cravings and my boobs are soar and being bigger its hard to tell because i havent been wearing a bra latley and there already pretty big as it is the lower back pain is hard to tell because i already had that to begin with but it has got worse i've had dizzeness and everything too but i have taken 3 pregnacy test one on december 31st one one january 3 or 4th then i took one like 2 days ago and they all said negative but i've also been told not to always believe them because they are not always right and i've known people to prove that theory right my one friend took 2 tests they came out negative and then she took a third and it was positive went to the doctors and was 11 weeks along witch mean the first 2 should of said positive. and i read about this girl the other day and she had all the same symptoms of all of us she took 14 test and all negative and she had'nt had a period for 2 months either, then one day she passed out and woke up in the hospital to hear the doctor say congratulations your having a baby and she looked up and saw it on the ultrasound and started crying she was so happy and filled with tears she could barly tell her husband over the phone so im not keeping my hopes up that i am but everything just seems to be pointing to that i am i plan on phoning the doctor in the morning to be able to get blood work done but wont know till 48hrs after i get it done but anyone have any advice or think that i possibly could be pregnant

I'm so glad I read all this (well not glad cause it's not so good) but now I know it's not just me! I've been having the same problems, I've been off the depo for about 2 months now and I think I've NOT had a period for maybe a week in total since then! I've had really bad stomach cramps, tired all the time.. And even crying for no reason. It's as if there's some kinds emotional imbalance! And I did not get told about any side effects or the fact that it stays in your system for 18 months after stopping it. Rest assured I will not be getting it again!