Okay, so im 17 years old and was on the depo-provera shot for 2 years. Ive been off of it for about 3 months. Ive noticed a lot of weight gain (which is a big deal only being 5'1") I havent gotten my period yet and im for sure NOT pregnant (took a test and it came back negative and i havent been sexually active for 2 1/2 months) I just wanted to know how long it took most people to get their periods again and what side affects others have had coming off this shot. This is really freaking me out and ticking me off..i never thought id say this but i want my period now! ha

mostly depo is recomended to those that ave had children b4 bcoz its strong,some go without periods as long as they re on  dat shot,nd takes a year dependin on the person to concive.my avdive z visit ahealth care provided am sure they ll help u

I gave birth to my daughter at 15 & soon after I began using the Depo. Let me tell you this.. the Depo is awful. I just got off it two months ago, I should have gotten off of it along time ago but I kept telling myself "ehh, it'll go away. I'll feel better". Now I am on the Patch & I love it, my periods are regular again!:-)  When I was on the Depo I bled for months without stopping, especially at the beginning & there would be times when I wouldn't get my period at all! My bones ached terribly, I feel dizzy constantley, light-headed, nauseous, I would get these horrible hot flashes! That's only to name a few, blehh, but I never gained weight & that's what I wanted. I will never go back on the Depo, that's a promise.