I am trying to conceive. My periods are due on 02/18/09, however I have lower abdominal cramps and frequent urination past 1 week. I did take a home pregnancy test today (02/17/09) which came out to be negative. I just don't understand what's going on in my body. Have anybody here experienced this before.

Awaiting for response....

Just in general, for anyone who has the same question:

• You can take a pregnancy test on the same day you miss your period, if you know for sure when it is due and you have a regular menstrual cycle. 
  • Pregnancy symptoms can show up even before you have your period, even as soon as a week after conception. By the time you miss your period, you're likely to have frequent urination, abdominal bloating, sore breasts, and fatigue, along with possible mood swings. 

As for your question, you can have a false negative pregnancy test result if you test too early. Women who are trying to conceive also sometimes have pregnancy symptoms even though they aren't pregnant because they are just very focused on those pregnancy signs since they are hoping for a baby. These signs usually go away once your brain realizes you really aren't pregnant. 

Get tested for Celiac Disease (Gluten intolerence). It can cause frequent urination and abdominal cramps and prevent you from getting pregnant. The good news is it's easy to fix. Just eliminate gluten from your diet.
Good luck!
:-)

I have been havin the same symptons..i dnt kno wat it is. But the lower abdominal pain is really painful. Does it make u feel like ur gonna get sick? Bc it does for me.

Hello healthy_girl,

well, it sounds to me like you took a pregnancy test - even if it is only a day - bit early, so there is some chance that the negative result is not right. The longer you wait - the best is to wait after your period is at least day late - the more accurate it gets because pregnancy hormone levels become detectable only two weeks after the unprotected sex. Things might be more complicated when you are trying and you have unprotected sex multiple times, then the safest way is to wait until your period is late.

The thing about frequent urination and cramping, alone, is that they are really not so reliable to tell if you are pregnant or not, because even UTI or pms can cause it, but yes, pregnancy can too.