Anyone experienced with clonazapam? I just started taking it and I’m wondering if someone could give me more info about it, especially side effects… Thank you

As you know clonazapam is used to control seizures and to relieve anxiety. It is sometimes prescribed for other uses too. Clonazepam comes as a tablet to take by mouth and the initial adult dose should not exceed 1.5 mg/day divided into 3 doses. That dosage may be increased in increments of 0.5 to 1 mg every 3 days until seizures are adequately controlled but with constant doctor’s control. As for the contradictions, they are: significant liver disease, narrow angle glaucoma, sensitivity to benzodiazepines. Clonazepam can be habit-forming so do not take a larger doses (it’s better taking it more often) or for a longer period of time.

I have been taking Clonazapam for about 4 years I have not had any side effects. I take them for a sleep aid to counter Mirapex side effects which are insomnia. If taken the same time every night at the same time they allow me to get a decent night sleep. The drowsiness is wore off in the morning completely so it doesnt hinder driving. Occasionally 10 percent of the time they dont work as good.

clonazepam worked great for me (anxiety), only side effect was drowsiness. But I'll take that over anxiety anyday! Just use caution when driving until you get used to it. I took it for 5 years straight, then stopped for pregnancy, now started again along with LEXAPRO. The combination can't be beat. I feel like a new person!!!!

My doctor prescribed clonazapma for my restless leg syndrome. She said nothing whatsoever about it being habit forming. It CAN help me sleep but doesn't really work as a sleep aid. There are nights, such as last night, when it did not control my restless legs. Is anyone else taking it for R.L.S.?

My doctor initially prescribed Clonazapam for ocassional anxiety about 3 years ago but then decided to add it to my regular seizure meds. I sleep great, always through the night, and am always the one who handles things calmly. I have no more anxiety and I am able to speak in front of audiences with no problems. Upon changing neurologists I have found that Clonazapam is an addictive drug and even missing a dose can cause you to have a seizure whether you are prone to have one or not. Where as Clonazapam has been effective and helpful for me, the thought of being on an addictive drug and knowing that one slip could possibly bring on a seizure is quite scary to me.

I was prescribed it for anxiety and panic attacks. As for addiction upon cutting my dose in half i've experienced seizure like symptoms and bouts of involuntary rage. These symptoms only came on when I tried to ween myself off. Please beware!

I have used clonazapam 12 years for RLS. Only works about 80% as far as controlling the spasms. I would absolutely run out of steam if I didn't take it. So far, I'm not aware of any side affects to me. I take .5mg nightly. I decided long ago I was not going to increase the dosage with time in order to maintain equal effectiveness. No, it isn't as effective now as it was 12 yrs ago but, it still helps alot.

I have been taking clonazapam for about a year. It doesn't control my legs 100%, but along with Requip I get full control. I haven't noticed any side affects from the clonazapam. I don't know if it makes a difference that I am a man. I was originally given it for a slight depression. Nobody told me it was addictive either. Doctors don't always tell you everything. It's a good idea to check some medical sites when given a new medication. I have noticed upon stopping or missing a dose I get a shaky near Palsey like condition in my arms mostly.

I began clonazapam for sleep about Aug. 2010. I was DX with PD in2005 and was put on Mirapex 1mg 3 times a day and that controlled most PD symptoms.
I over eat, was and do fight depression, do not sleep much, am fatiqued and lower libido. I take Darvoct and a muscle relaxant Seclaxin but ran out. So I took aspirin powders for the pain and was on clonazapem along with Mirapex. With those three meds over a period of 3 months I becames severely depressed, chest tightness, shortness of breath, more weight gain, shakyness, lack of confidence in driving, and swelling of my ankles. I stopped the clonazapam and aspirin powder and immediatley my depression was lifted. After my dr. visit he decreased my mirapex to .75 mg per day. 1/2 the dosage three times a day. Immediatley I could stop eating when I was full, my chest tightness improved, and swelling started to try to improve. It has only been 1 1/2 days since the decrease in Mirapex. I weigh more than ever, but I am not depressed! I am hopeful that I will get it off. I didn't gamble, spend too much money, or have the increase sexual tendency. However, my own tendency to overeat was exaserbated by Mirapex.
I was on Mirapex for 5 years and then with a bad combo of meds it worked against me. I pray my PD symptoms will remain halted. God Bless.