I have a daughter who is diagnosed with anxiety. We have noticed there is something wrong with her when she was 10, but now she is 15 and finally we get her diagnosis. Somehow, it is easier now, because we know how to act and how to help her. However, her doctor found it necessary to treat her with some drug. He prescribed her Klonapin so we want to hear more about this medicine, is it used to treat anxiety.

Klonapin is the same drug as Clonazepam just it is different brand name. This is a benzodiazepine used to control seizures, as well as relieve anxiety. Clonazepam is also used to treat symptoms of Parkinson's disease, twitching, schizophrenia, and for pain management, so you should not be worried. Your daughter’s doctor prescribed appropriate medicine so there is no need to be worried. Important is to know side effects, where you have to know the most frequently side effects are referable to CNS depression. Drowsiness occurs in approximately 50% of patients who were under Klonapin treatment. Ataxia as Klonopin side effect occurs in approximately 30% patients, while behavior problems have been noted in approximately 25%. Confusion, depression, dizziness, drowsiness, euphoria, fatigue, headache, mania, nightmares, and physiological dependence, are also reported side effects, although they occur rare. Interesting is to know that negative interactions could happen in usage with grapefruit juice. However, there are also and positive interactions, where melatonin may help handle withdrawal symptoms.

I am taking 0.5 mg of klonopin 2xday bedtime & early afternoon when I forget to take the one in the afternoon I can feel it ,I am 68 yrs old .I will be seeing my DR.tomorrow & would like to know if I could up the dose to maybe 1 mg 2x a day .what is your opinion? I also take Effexorxr75mg 1xday
also Meloxicam 15 mg 1 x day
Zolpidem5mg 1x day
Glimepiride 4 mg 2x day
Metforminhcl 500 mg 2x day
Lisinipril 5mg 1x day
Omeprazole 20 mg 1x day
Atenolol 25 mg 1x day
Simvastatin 40 mg 1x day
! baby aspirin 1x day

Yes, it is very good for anxiety! It is highly addictive and withdrawel is worse than Heroin! I'm in that boat! I recommend, take it only when needed and for a short period of time! Find non-Drug related topics to relieve anxiety! Steven