My sister was prescribed with Clonazapam. I have no idea what this is and is she taking this. Does anyone know what Clonazapam is? Is it dangerous?

Clonazapam is used to control seizures and to relieve anxiety; sometimes is prescribed for other uses.
She shouldn’t use Clonazapam if she has narrow-angle glaucoma, kidney or liver disease, asthma, bronchitis, amphysema or any other respiratory disease. And she shouldn’t use Clonazapam if she is depressed or has suicidal thoughts.
If you are concerned for your sister, I think the best way is to ask her way is she taking this stuff and not to guess what might be wrong with her.

i take clonazepam it is for anxiety and no it is not harmful or habit forming, I ahve been taking it for over 6 years and it helps me cope with the outside world and daily problems and settles the nerves in my stomach. XD

My doctor has put me on clonazepam for anxiety and panic attacks. I was wandering if anyone can tell me how long does it take for the dizzyness to stop?

I've been taking clonazepam for the past week and a half. I experienced dizziness/lightheadedness and for lack of a better word, klutziness, for about 3 or 4 days. I've been having extreme anxiety attacks associated with nausea and other digestive problems, and I have to say that it really does help. I also suffer from depression. I'm taking this in tandem with Cymbalta for the depression, which I just began this week. Besides a mild headache, the worst part about the combination of the 2 is the sleepiness. It's 4pm, and I can barely keep my head up at work.

I take .75 mg of clonazapam in the evenings because I have a condition called Cervical Dystonia (tremors from the neck). It calms the tremors all through the day and I have absolutely no drowsiness, other than at night I am able to sleep well. My doctor said with this small dossage, there should be no side effects and so far, there are none. I have been on it for 3 months . I was also showing some anxiety from not knowing what was wrong with me so that has controlled that as well. I would suppose it depends on how much your sister is taking and how often she is taking it but in the smaller doses, she should be ok... unless she has other underlying problems.

I was prescribed clonazapam for PPD(post partum depression)and severe anxiety and panic attacks(couldn't swallow or eat anything too) associated with it after the birth of my third child, it truly saved me, 0.5mg did the trick, calmed my nerves and helped me cope through this most stressful time, I had no side effects and it helped my apnea too..it really is good..

I take Clonazapam for muscle spasms in my neck. I just started taking it a week ago. I take 0.5mg twice a day, and the doctor says I can to up to three times a day if I need to. So far it seems to be helping. It has a very calming effect on my body, which is good, becuase I am prone to anxiety as wll.