Hello, folks. My wife has been diagnosed with MS. Her doctor recommended her using benzodiazepines since she fears anxiety and cannot sleep. I would like to know if there are any side effects of the drugs that belong to this group. Can anyone tell me something more about this? I would appreciate it.

Hello. Benzodiazepines are used for various indications. Some of the medications are: alprazolam, diazepam, bromazepam, etc. They are indeed used for insomnia and anxiety. They can also be used for other purposes. They can be used for seizures as well. I think that your wife does not need to worry about the side effects if she follows the instructions of her doctor. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck with all! Bye!

Hi, there. The main side effect is that people easily addict to these medications. That is one must be careful. They are also muscle relaxants. That is why they are also used to treat muscle spasms and stiffness. If one exaggerates with the dose, drowsiness and sleepiness can also appear. That is why one should be careful. I recommend you to consult your wife’s doctor. Good luck with all! Bye!

Hi, good people. You should have in mind another thing. You mustn’t combine benzodiazepines with alcohol. It can be really dangerous. It can even lead to a breathing depression. In a common language, it means one could stop breathing. However, I doubt your wife will do that. I agree that you should consult your wife’s specialist for all uncertainties. I hope she will feel better! Bye!

it depends on what benzos. there are benzos specifically for anxiety. these ones are usually milder and have less side effects. things like Xanax, Ativan, Valium, Serax or clonazepam are for anxiety. 

there are much stronger ones used for insomnia that knock u out. these ones are usually much stronger, have more side effects and even more addictive. hypnotic benzos are things like halcion, restoril, mogadon, and a few others. 

Hi, there. The main side effect is that people easily addict to these medications. That is one must be careful. They are also muscle relaxants.i would like to suggest take advice from experts of addiction treatment