I recently switched from LoestrinFE to Sprintec due to cost effectiveness - my dr ensured not problems will occur.  Since the Sprintec has more estrogen (.05 mg) --- could this pill cause additional water retention and if so what can be done?  Other than that, I do not feel any adverse side effects.

can i get birthcontrol without my parents finding out that i have it ? and can i get it with out it showing up on the insurance ?

I took Sprintec for years and just stopped because of massive water retention I was having. I didn't even know it was going on until recently and it's really bad. I had to stop taking it and now am on a diuretic for the water retention, so I personally wouldn't recommend sprintec due to my personal expierence, but everything effects everyone differently. Stronger birth control is more effective, but more likely to cause side effects, so it all depends on what's most important to you and if you think it's worth it or not.

I'm pretty sure if you're under 18, you have to your parents or legal guardians permission. If you're 18 though, it doesn't matter

I would just like to say that my first time ever being in birth control I was prescribed loestrin fe and had a horrible experience. I only took it for 16 days and bled massively the entire time. Needless to say I was freaked out thinking I would be anemic. Maybe if I had taken it for a few months that would have gone away. I don't know. I'm now on sprintec. It's cheaper, I didn't bleed at all except for the last week designated for your period. The only side effect was very painful cramps but my dr also prescribed naproxen to help with that. I will also say that sprintec is 20x cheaper. So glad I found it!