Please tell me what the methods of birth control are and what the failure rates are? What are the failures of bc methods when used correctly? I most commonly use diaphragm with spermicides but am not sure as it is absolutely safe. I was on bc pills, but they were causing me water retention. Do you may have this info?

Vaginal contraceptive ring is found to be as safe as bc pills. Hormone shots are very safe too, but am not sure about it because of your reaction. But I think that depo preparations should not cause the same effects as conventional do. I heard that diaphragm with spermicids is not 100% safe, but when used in combination with condom, it’s much safer.

i realize that this is sort of late after the post, but be careful with the depo. i was on it for a little more than two years and now i practically have osteoporosis. the depo causes your bones to deteriorate over time. talk very carefully with your doctor before starting the depo or the patch