hello, im 18 years old and im thinking of going on the pill. i am currently sexually active with my boyfriend of 8 months and dont want to get pregnant. i have a few questions concerning birth control. I want to know which brands of birth controls have what side effects. could i still get pregnant on birth control ? is one brand more affective in preventing pregnancy than another ? how much does it cost ? also how long does it take to become effective ? any replys are greatly apprecated ! thank you.

I personally prefer pills or the Depro shot, because the interuterin rings have more health effects. When I was on the pill they said the most common side effects were weight gain which I did not experience so I guess it's different for everyone. You can still get pregnant on the pill but the chances of that are 1% not very likely. All brands are the same in preventing pregnancy, I got my check up and pills at planned parenthood because they were alot cheaper because I don't have insurance each month was 25$ my first visit/papsmear and first month of pills was 75$ which is good. If you want the shot it's once every three months for 68$. It becomes effective as soon as you take it. Hope this helped:)