Iv been having some sort of attack for about 10 years now, I went to the docs and they didn't take me seriously this was 10 years ago after my first attack when I was about 17 he put it down to bein a teenager or my lifestyle. When it starts off I feel faint, dizzy and a bit sick, I'm usually sweating and overheating. I make my way too the bathroom incase I throw up and try to cool down and lay down but it's always inevitable that I will black out so I just try to make sure I'm not standing. Whilst I'm blacked out it feels like I'm dying Im in pain and my whole body tenses up and I feel like having a fit, it's like I'm trapped in some other reality and feels like I'm slipping further into whatever it is, in my head it's like a whirl wind, it's incredibly terrifying. Iv fainted before but it feels nothing like fainting I know when I'm going to faint and all it takes is sittin down and after a minute the feeling passes. When I have fainted before I knew the warning sign and what to do, it wasn't a disturbing experience I was completely unaware of anything really and I was completely unconscious coming around was just like waking up. Usually after an attack I vomit 2-5 mins after coming around, I'm very dizzy I feel very sick and I'm sweating and overheating so much my clothes are soaked thru with sweat, my pupils are dilated and for a day or so I feel like my brains been fried my reaction times are down and I'm just really slow. Until recently it only happen once a year or so it's happened 3 times in the last 6 months and last nite it happened twice in about 10 minutes. I'm worried an attack could happen and that I might choke on my vomit, I'm goin to see my doctor first thing tomorrow and he better take me seriously. Iv looked online but I haven't seem anything about people feeling like there trapped or going to die whilst being blacked out and most people seem to experience abdominal pain of some sort before passing out which I don't get at all. I'm pretty sure I need to see a neurologist. Does anyone else suffer from the same symptoms?

Wow, it really sounds like you are hypoglycemic.  This is when your blood sugars go low, so low that you will become disoriented, start sweating, become shaky, and possibly pass out.  You should definitely have your blood sugar tested; it sounds like you may be have diabetes type 1.  It is essential that they check you for this.  If left untreated, you may have an episode where you end up in a coma or even die from hypoglycemia.  I am hoping that this is not your diagnosis, but all of the symptoms you list are similar to the ones that a hypoglycemic person has.  The other thing could be a panic attack.  Let me know what the doctor says.

Thank you for the reply that makes sense, I felt like it was going to happen today when out shopping I got someone to get me to a drink of orange juice whilst I sat down, it seemed to help. Shortly before my episode the other night I felt like I needed something sweet. The only thing is iv had a number of health problems over the years and iv had my blood sugar levels checked many times without anything alarming showing up.

I went to the drs today, he tested my blood sugar and it was normal. He ran through a general health check up blood pressure, pulse reflexes coordination. Listened to my chest etc and said there didn't seem to be any serious underlying health problems. I'm booked in for a fasting bloodtest next week and an ecg. So no answers so far, he didn't seem to think much of anything saying that it wasn't much of a problem just more of a nuisance for me, not that impressed really, but this is what I expected to be honest