For the past few months, I have been experiencing a range of symptoms that come and go. These include: bloating, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, hot flashes and sweating, fatigue, feeling extreamly full after eating a little amount, and loss of appitite. I can be fine for a few days, and then it comes back. Sometimes headaches and back pain accompany these.

I have had blood tests to rule out pregnancy, anemia, thyroid conditions, had my A1C checked for diabetes, and urine specimine collections.

My primary care is out of town, and can't see me for months. I was forced to go to another internist, who proceeded to tell me I had depression and anxiety issues, and ordered an MRI, which I had last night, and was awful!!!

My boss at work is begining to get upset at my absences and my family/friends are getting annoyed that I seem to be sick all of the time.... I need help!

Im desperate for some advice, answers, or some one who has gone through the same thing to tell me what to do....please, I NEED HELP!!!

Hi:
I apologize, but without knowing your age, these are my thoughts and questions for you to ponder. Is there something going on in your life that could be causing you a lot of stress? Could this be menopause? Have you had extensive allergy testing with a specialist? Could this be an allergic reaction to either some food, seasoning or something in your home that was installed, etc. at the time that your symptoms began. Did you get a new pet? Are you being exposed to some environmental thing at work? I hope that some of these questions will get you on a track to recovery. Don't give up. Keep asking questions and keep looking for doctors who are willing to really look into this. Don't settle for an "I don't know." Best wishes...Please let us know what you find out.

Thank you for replying so quickly. I am a 26 years old female, I have no pets. I have tried to keep a food log to see if I'm allergic to anything, but it does not seem to matter what the food is, or when I eat it. I work in a hospital, but in a non patient area, in a seperate wing of the building.

The only thing I am stressed about is losing my job because of the illness, and time missed from work, plus not geting any help from my doctors.

I've never had allergies, have been pretty healthy except for one kidney stone 4 years ago. My sugar levels were considered boarderline diabetic, but have been well controlled for some time now, with diet and exercise. I take my sugars every day, and they are stable within the 80- 99 range.

Hi Julie:

Even though you are not in a patient are, you are being exposed to a lot of germs there, i.e. in the cafe; moving thru patient areas; documents, etc. There are many chemicals that are used in hospitals by janitors, etc. to keep the place safe and clean. If your symptoms began around the same time that you started working there, you may very well be allergic to something there. If you took a week off to "get healthy," you could find out if the cause is at the hospital. I'm not sure of any other options right now. I know that your job is being affected, but if you took a few days off in stead of a day here and there, you might get answers and you might be able to decide if the hospital environment is the best place for you. Please let me know what you think.

Hi Julie:
I am anxious to know whether or not you have found any answers or at least a new doctor since your post. You have so much going on, I hope that things look a little better. Did the post info help you at all? What did you decide to do? I hope that you are feeling some relief. Please get back to me with an update about your circumstances since your post. I really am hoping for the best for you. Please let me know asap.

Julee I see it has been quite a while since this post but I wish I knew if you ever figured anything out... I have been having the same symptoms since late 2008 and have had periods that it was debilitating. Lost a job I loved and have been through hell being dismissed by the majority of doctors.

Do you have painful menstrual cycles? I have endometriosis and experience all those symptoms regardless of where I am in my cycle. I often get the hot flashes and vomiting, and I'm always having trouble with my digestive system. Lots of women believe that a painful period is normal and dismiss that it may be part of a bigger problem.

I have been going through these symptoms for the last 3 weeks. I wake up in the morning generally to a mild to major headache. The towel i have placed on my bed and over my pillow now soaked in sweat.

I try to re-hydrate myself by drinking water which can often have me then go into a nauseous state. I often end up racing into the ensuite to vomit up the water and amounts of flem that seems to peel out of the back of my nasal passages.

The day then starts with taking my nausea medication 10mg PRAMIN, then having toast for break fast, one or two pieces depending upon if i can ride through the on going nausea, that still occurs despite taking the PRAMIN. It is like 1 or two bites at a time then lay down to ride away the nausea.

With the food i then take Brufen 400mg and hope it kicks in well enough to rid me of the headaches. later i will have have lunch and can hope to eat a half a salad and egg sandwich. Around a half an hour after this i get drowsy and dizzy...most of the time i must lay down or i sweat on the spot dripping all around my head, temps have only been recorded at 37.5C at the highest. If i sit up i get nauseous after about 30 min if i walk i sweat and feel dizzy.

Doctors have found CMV, Diabetes 2, low iron (enemic), low thyroid production, enlarged spleen and fatty liver. They feel it is viral and will pass, but 3 weeks so far. I am in for a CT scan tomorrow and already had tests to check;

Lungs by X-ray (All Good)

Hepatitis by blood (all negative A,B & C)

I am 46y year old male weighing 120Kg (264LB fatigue and thryoid problems dont help) height is 185cm (6'1")

Just thought i would give my story in case others have the same symptoms and are looking for answers.

I have similar symptoms fairly mild but getting worse, over few weeks, right now just ate and start searching because I feel lousy, sweating sick to stomach, not at throwing up stage. This is happening about 15% of the time when I eat. Doesn't seem to matter how much I eat or what.

I am 56 year old man in good health 6'5 320 lbs with normally a good appetite, almost no allergies (what allergies I have had seemed to vanish this year). Yes I know I am fat, my waist size is 45" not terrible for my size. I exercise a fair amount per week and hardly every miss a day at work. Maybe I am a wimp, I never get sick so when I do I panic a little.

Last few weeks have had mild diarrhea on and off 1-2 days a week, irritating but not alarming. I put it down to something on salad which usually is minor and I get over quick.

Probably is some bacteria or virus, it seems to be taking a long time to go away.