I am 41 female who is has had a 6 bipass surgery am in renal failure doing a cycler dialysis at night and diabetic for 18 years. Every meal I eat will bring out facial and neck sweats. Sometimes it also comes off my head and behind my neck. I use a hair dryer to dry myself off about every hour now, I hate to eat just because of the sweats. Is this attributed to any of my current illness' or should I be worried about something else wrong w/me? Are there any treatments available to me?
Can anyone relate?? Please contact me ****
Thank you

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **

I, too, have exactly the same sweating problem whenever and whatever I eat. I am Type II diabetic (but non-insulin dependent) with renal deterioration, not on dialysis, and with other diabetic complications. My blood sugar levels are very difficult to contol and are worsened by administration of insulin. No doctor has ever been able to explain why I sweat so much as soon as I start to eat. I believe it has to do with the blood sugar and insulin secretion levels being triggered by salivary response as soon as food is placed in my mouth but nobody thinks this is important enough to investigate. It is really embarrassing and I wold like a medical explanation. Like you, I am worried that it is something extra wrong with me other than a side-effect of my diagnosed medical conditions.

i am a 38 year old man and i too am suffering from this same condition i am also type 1 diabetic and was diagnosed with diabetes just over 10 years ago, i have been sweating whilst eating for the last 3 years or so. its not every time i eat but its often and doesn't matter what i eat. i have asked doctors but have had no explanation as why this is happening. i am sure it is related to my diabetes but and can be very embarrassing and uncomfortable and it does worry me.

I am a 31 yr old female and have had type 1 diabetes since i was 4. I was diagnosed with kidney disease in 2008 and started dialysis in 2009. I have had the same problems with sweating while eating and it doesn't matter what it is. I can eat a piece of fruit and break into a sweat from my shoulders up. This did not come about until just before i was diagnosed with the ESRD. I too would like to know what I can do or take to help alleviate this problem.

I am a 41 year old female and I am a diabetic since i was 21 and insulin dependent. When i eat doesn't matter what i eat i sweat on my face, around my hair line and neck. I have not always done is just over the past 2 years. Have no other medical problems. Anyone out there with the same issues and do you have a solution to this problem?

I am a 51 year old women with Kidney disease and type 1 diabetes.  I have had this sweating from the neck up for years.  Finally, I found a doctor who is familiar with it.  A normal diabetic doctor will not be familiar with it but at the Dialysis clinic the Diabetic Doctors see this in patients that have Diabetes and Kidney Disease.  There is a name for it.   SUDOMOTOR SWEATING.   It is a form of Neuropathy and goes away after a kidney transplant.  It is related to the Kidney Disease and Diabetes and is one of the lesser side effects.  Discuss this with your doctor for more information as each patient is different.  Hope this helps.

I just wanted to say Thanks!
I've tried to google I'm hoping this helps my husband.. He is also a renal patient and is tired of sweating..please tell me do you know someone who has done the transplant and cured..we just got his niece as a match hoping this will work