Today I nearly fainted. I was standing up talking to someone when all of the sudden I begin to feel light headed; followed by a blurred hearing. I could feel my heart beating extremely fast. I stay down to regain myself, only I couldn't. I was getting a severe headache and I my hands were trembling. This last for an hour or so. During this time, I had vomit-like feeling. What could this possibly be? In the past, I've had the experience of my heart beating extremely fast and feeling dizzy, but this was more than that. I had to lay down and even then I could feel my heart beating really fast, plus I could hear my heartbeat in my head. If you know what this is please let me know.

hi,
This sounds like my everyday, I have been told it is
anxiety and panic attacks. I am not sure i believe them
I think it;s thyriod or hormones(40 yr old woman) Even
though i do know this it is very very very scary. And I hate
them...tina :-(

yeah i fel the same way..
sometimes my heart will start pounding hard and i feel like im about to pass out.. i have a hard time breathing sometimes, but i dont know what causes it.

I just watched Mystery Diagnosis on Discovery Health Channel and when I typed in the sypmtoms of the person on television trying to prove how easy it is for some of the people on the show to get on the internet to find out what is wrong with them I got a bunch of hits for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and this post. Might be something for you to read up on.

Good luck!

I am 33 years old and have been dealing with vertigo, dizziness and headaches now for alittle over a year. It was all the sudden, one night I went to lay down and felt like I was going to "spin off the bed". Ever since that night I have been dizzy and felt "out of it" daily. I get headaches almost everyday as well. Its tough to concentrate on anything and I cant even play with my little boys because I get sick to my stomach and extremely dizzy if I spin around with them. I have seen an eye, ears nose throat doctor, an audiologist and had 2 MRI's done, all came back negative. I am just baffeled!!! Any suggestions??!!

I have been experiencing a fast heartbeat also for a long time now.
The older I get the worse it gets. Yesterday it came a long with a severe
headache. I could not stand up. I stood in bed for many hours.
I have mitral valve prolapse, in which I found out 4 years ago from my cardiologist. I used a 24 hour monitor and it was normal. This was about 2 years ago. The one I used 6 months ago was inconclusive because the tape stopped while it was suppose to be taping my heart rythum.
I will be going to a electrophysiologist who specializes in heart rythum.
It has effected my life because when it occurs (everyday) it is constant for 1 to 2 hours at a time.

Thanks for reading :'(
MaryMaid

I experienced the same thing and thought it was my blood sugar level. My doctor discovered I have Mitral Valve Prolapse, which is basically when one of your heart valves leaks. I am on medication now and occasionally still feel these symptoms, but at least now I know what causes it. I think you should see a doctor and do not try ot self diagnose, because you will only scare yourself, OR you may overlook something that really needs treatment immediately.

This morning at the train station, all of a sudden I felt like I may vomit, then I started sweating profusely and the feeling of sick wouldn't go away. As I had to get off the train and start walking my vision became blurred and my hearing went under water like. I felt like I was going to fall down. I sat down and the symptoms eventually went away. But it really scared me. If anyone has ideas please do share.

Cheers,

R

This happened to me over Christmas, I looked up a few things.. Do you have low blood pressure? How often have you had this feeling?
In older individuals, there is something called orthostatic hypotension, which can cause dizziness and faintness upon standing.
For people of all ages with low blood pressure, this can be a natural response when your blood pressure drops, possibly from dehydration.

There was another condtion I found in which the body's circulation and the brain mix messages, this is common in young adults. Although your circulation is normal, your brain misinterprets the signals. Your body goes into shut down mode - aka fainting, and your heart starts to beat faster to get "adequate" blood supply to the brain.

This usually isn't a dangerous condition, if it is recurring you should definitely talk to a medical doctor.

The 'spinning off the bed' feeling is a characteristic complaint of patients suffering from an internal ear or vestibular problem - commonly known to doctors as BPPV - benign positional paroxysmal vertigo.
Simply put, some crystals in your ears get dislodged and wander off into the semicircular canals which maintain balance. They block these canals and cause the feeling of 'spinning'. If someone noticed you when you felt this way, they would tell you that your eyeballs are jumping. Thats characteristic 'nystagmus'.
If you go to a good Physical Therapist or even a good ENT - they will fix the crystals back in place with the Canalith repositioning manuever. It helps crystals back in place and your dizziness wears off slowly. You will need to maintain your head in an upright position for 2 days after this manuevre (consider a neck brace). After that you should do some VOR (Vestibular exercises) to get better - you are well on your road to recovery.

I hope this helps.
Diana.

I have had similar affects and I wonder do you drink? If so I would suggest stopping, when I stopped drinking all my symptoms stopped. I hope this help's.

not sure if this topic is dead or not, but a couple nights ago i was having all these symptoms. It started out with fast heartbeats, like they were gonna go right through my chest, i started to get light headed and dizzy. I was sweating pretty bad, and my right arm was a bit sore. My mom thought it might have been a heart attack and told me to lie down and take deep breaths through my mouth... but even then... I still feel the fast heartbeats and i'm afraid to sleep at night. Was it a heart attack? Or perhaps like some of you suggested, a panic attack? Stress?

Hi BloomingDesire87, I'd like to post and ask you about some of your symptoms. It sounds to me like you could be having a panic attack. If you were to have a heart attack, your left arm would hurt, not your right arm. Since you posted this have you been having other heart issues? Are you still having difficulty sleeping? Regardless of it being a heart issue or a panic issue, it would be a good idea to talk to your doctor about it to make sure it's not something more serious. Keep us posted on what it turns out to be!

Yes, I found out that I have been having panic attacks. I've been taking xanax but I fear that I'm depending on it every night before I sleep since I have trouble sleeping. He suggested going to a psychologist, but my parents don't want to take me.

Well it's good that you have at least found the source of your attacks! Don't worry about depending on it right now. That's what it's for, so don't stress. Is it possible that you would be able to see a counselor near your school or something? It will help you get over anxiety a lot faster if you can. Thanks for posting!