I am 40 years old women and I am diabetic since I was round 20. Last few months I have noticed that I sweat every time I eat. I am trying to control my blood sugar and I think I am doing that very well. I don’t know why this is happening to me; don’t know if that is connected with diabetes. Is there anyone with an idea what it could be?

I am insulin dependent, and also lately I have noticed I sweat when I eat. I have discussed about this with my doctor. He doesn't seem to have an answer, and I have also talk to my friend with diabetes too. Her doctor couldn’t say anything; just perform some tests with no conclusion. I think maybe you should be tested to see if you are going through menopause. I have done these tests, but the test came back that I was not. I believe that is not your problem too, because it seems happen with diabetic people without any reason. Until doctors find solution for this problem, it is important we all know we are not isolated cases. We can understand each other how it is really a pain as when we start to sweat. I feel it kind of embarrassing when I am in public; I think everyone could see my wet face and back.

Guys, I have the same issue. A couple of months ago I was feeling pretty much down and I was bad. I felt strange, so I went to see my doctor because of it. We did a bunch of tests, but as soon as he saw me he told me that there is a huge chance that I have problems with hemoglobin. After this test, we realized that he was right. I was diagnosed with lower hemoglobin A1C levels. He told me a couple of ways how to regulate it naturally, but then this all thing with sweating started. I never had issues with it so now I really am wondering if this normal or this is just a side - effect of my diagnose? 

i think it is important for me to say that i am an 18 year old male who has not been diagnosed with a diabetic disorder (as of yet, they do run in my family) but i have suffered from facial sweating as far back as i can remember, especially when i eat certain foods such as cake and ice cream, and peanut butter alone will drench my face with sweat. i have never ever been able to figure out what this is caused by and it certainly is embarrassing. i talked to a doctor who specialized in allergies and he said it was a case of my brain being wired wrong and that it is not harmful. i dont beleive this because sometimes i get sick to my stomach. and lately it has been worse.
i dont know if this has anythign to do with it but sometimes i can literally see the food and smell it and that alone will cause my face to perspire. idk i would love some information if anyone has any

*******

**this post is edited by moderator ** private e-mails not allowed **

I'm 37, female, not diabetic, and I sweat when I eat cake. I also sneeze when I eat dark chocolate.

Who knows?

I have the same problem but only when eating beef.

I am an 18 year old female and I too have experienced facial sweating while eating or drinking certain foods such as Jolly Ranchers, Orange Juice, virgin Strawberry Daquiris, and other foods that are sugary or fruity. I don't know if it has to do with sugar or fruit, but that is something that they all pretty much have in common, or the dyes that go into certain foods like Red 40. I've had a friend who was allergic to Red 40, she couldn't eat foods that contained it, like lollipops, but I never asked her what symptoms she had from consuming food containing Red 40. I have talked to others about this problem but no one else that I know of has had it happened to them. I feel like others can tell that I am sweating because it's almost like a rush when eating or drinking these certain foods, like my face feels like it is sweating and hot, but it doesn't look like it is. I don't know if it's a link to Diabetes, because that runs a lot in my family, or if it's just an allergic reaction. Does anybody have this reaction to the similar foods I listed? Or have any notion as to what this reaction may be caused by?

I am a male with diabetic and recently started sweating when ever I eat anything and I mean anything from a biscute to a fruite. Anyone have any idea to how to prevent this?

What you are all describing is something called Frey Syndrome, or 'gustatory sweating.' It is associated with diabetes mellitus. It is normal and can be treated with some success. Go see your doctor and not try to diagnose yourselves on some blog.

Those who are experiencing this and are diabetics, please search Diabetic Gustatory Sweating (pubmed.org should have some articles regarding studies on diabetic patients found to have sweating during or after eating).

The term Frey's Syndrome is more specific for this phenomenon after surgery (usually surgery of the parotid gland).

well I'm sure your nice attitude just inspired all these nice folks to run right out and do what you say, I mean you put it so nicely and all. 8-| bees and honey and all that........ya know?

I am a 37 year old male with type I diabetes since the age of 13. I too experience the sweating while eating. I will sweat sometimes while eating anything, but I sweat really bad when I eat things that are salty. Things that contain vinegar like pickles or the like. I am literally sweating a bit right now at the mere mention of these types of foods. I started sweating like this once I turned about 22 yrs of age. I also had a kidney transplant in the yr. of 2000, the sweating while eating stopped for about 1 year and started back after that. somebody help!

I have a friend who also sweats when eats, and it is not related to spicy foods. 90% of the time it doesnt matter what he eats, sweat just begans to poor off his head. As a nurse in a clinic, I asked my doctor what could cause this to be happening to my friend . Keep in mind that this friend is young and completely healthy. He said it is a sympathetic nervous system response , and that the vagus nerve is being stimulated when he eats. It is just a harmless quirk. There is no cure and there is no danger its just one of those things.

I am 17 years old and when i eat Chocolate and cake i sweat underneath my eyes, Does anyone Know What it Is ??
Please Write Back x

Medical doctors are both implicitly infallible, and are the only humans blessed with this particular characteristic (which coincidentally implies that Jesus was an M.D., but that's another story...). It is therefore impossible that the observed inability or unwillingness of some doctors to give straight, meaningful, or even vaguely close to correct responses to some questions from their patients is in fact not as seen by patients, but rather the result of poor, inadequate patients inability to understand the infallibly accurate diagnoses given them by their physicians. This is why so many patients have so lost faith in their physicians that recent surveys put public confidence in medical doctors down in the same range as used car salesmen and members of congress.

So, rather than wasting time flogging us poor, unworthy ones on a blog, find yourself a copy of the DSM-IV. There you can find your own problem listed under Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD), previously known as megalomania. Look it up.