I have been having what I call "attacks" of this for over a year. At first I feel a bit nauseated and dizzy. I'll go lay down. After a while, my stomach, sometimes upper, sometimes lower, will begin to cramp and all of the sudden, I feel this heat-like sensation in my abdomen and chest, spreading to my neck. I feel like I'm being choked, only I can breathe. I can actually feel my pulse in my mouth and I feel like I'm going to black out, but I usually don't. I go to the bathroom and sit. When I finally vomit, I start feeling a bit better. At least, that's what happened the first and second times. Now, this time, my abdomen and back both hurt still and I still feel sick. I've told the gastro dr. The first time it happened, I even went to the emergency room thinking I was having a heart attack. They gave me a GI cocktail. The Dr. says he can't tell what is wrong without examining me during an attack, but, try getting an appointment!
I HATE that feeling like I'm going to pass out and the pain this time was horrible. What could be UP?

U know I get that same feelings as you, Not sure what is up I am guessing it many of things. I dont take pills, and I don't drink a lot, Usually just on the weekends, I will have a few smironoffs. Anyhow I have had these pains for last few years, but after having a surgery they didnt come back until a month and half ago. I blacked out one night, and two of my friends found me laying on the floor sad part is I only remember half of what happen. My tummy hurts so much that it also feels like I am going to have an attack. My Doctor doesn't seem to know whats up so I am asking for a referrel to a Gastrologists.

My sister's best friend continues to have attacks like that. She blacked out at home alone and bruised herself up really bad. She blacked out again at work. Luckily, she works at a hospital. the only thing she can say is that she has severe stomach pains before it happens. She vomits and goes to the bathroom alot. The Dr. continues to say it's her heart!!

Yea, I get the same feeling. except my pains are generally in the lower abdomen. my doctor doesn't know whats wrong. i keep fainting and recently is has gotten worst and worst. I wonder what this is...

I GET THE SAME INDESCRIBEABLE LOWER ABDOMINAL PAIN, FOLLOWED BY NAUSEA, WEAKNESS, SWEATS, AND THE PREDICTABLE PASSING OUT ONTO THE BATHROOM FLOOR. IT'S HAPPENED 5 TIMES IN THE LAST 6 MONTHS. I WAKE UP WITH A SPLITTING HEADACHE THAT USUALLY LASTS 1-2 DAYS.... I DISCUSSED THIS WITH MY DOCTOR AND WE (IM A RN) HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT I HAVE A VASOVAGAL RESPONSE DUE TO THE PAIN CAUSED BY IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME. THE ABDOMINAL PAIN IS HORRIFIC, BUT WHAT SCARES ME MOST IS HOW HARD MY HEAD IS HITTING THE FLOOR..... IM WORRIED A BRAIN BLEED WILL DEVELOP. IVE HAD SO MANY KNOTS AND BRUISES ON MY FACE AND TEMPLES I THINK I NEED TO START WEARING A HELMET TO THE BATHROOM.

First, obviously you should see a doctor and get whatever tests done to rule out known medical issues. However, my family has suffered from these same symptoms and have had many tests with no diagonosis from doctors. Personally, I have found many of my issues have gone away with change in diet. Fried foods for me can make me very physically ill so I limit them. If you have an attack, write down what food you had before hand and try to isolate them or do an elimination diet if you are having frequent attacks. I don't know if this is helpful but for me I have made two observations about how to stop the attacks. If I feel one coming on, based on the feeling I will try to either eat an orange, (orange juice doesnt seem to work the same or as fast), or a candy bar. Normally if i can locate one of those items quickly, then it will prevent the onset of the problems. I eat much healthier now and have not had an attack in years. Good luck and remember to speak with your doctor before making any self diagnosis.

I haede the same problem you all are talking about. It ended up being ulcers caused by h. pylori virus and being lactose intolerent. After about a month and some antibiotics there weren't anymore problems. Go to the doctor. Feel better

I came to this forum hoping to find out if anyone had anything like what I had been experiencing myself. The first time it happened to me was 10 years ago, then three more time with in two years. It was horrible. The first time I got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. Felt fine but then I began to experience severe abdominal pain. I thought I had food poisoning. But that was not it. Then I could hardly breath. I became very weak, clammy and started to shake. I called for my husband. He said I was as white as a ghost. I put my head between my legs because I felt like I was going to pass out. I told my husband to quick get me some activated charcoal. I was so weak I could hardly talk or walk. He helped me to the bed then in about 15 min or so. I was fine. The other attacks were simular. The last one was the day before I was to have a colonoscopy done. I was awaken by lower bowel camping. I had taken the fleet drink the day before. I was suppose to drink it with juice. I only drank it with water, no juice or any food. That night I found myself on the floor in the bathroom this time. My husband helped me to the bed. He said I was white as a sheet like all the other times. The doctor said that I should have had juice as he thought I might have been hypoglycemic. I also asked him about the lower bowel cramping as I get that quite often. He said that I should eat more fiber and because he found diverticula in the colon which are outpocketings of the colon that might have had something to do with me passing out also and the cramping in my colon. Boy oh Boy!!! I am going to add more fiber in my diet from now on.

Hi, I read this thred with interest, about 5 years ago I felt as if I was going to faint while driving to work. The feeling passed. I went in to work
and sat at my desk, I was chatting to a colleague and having a cup of tea. Suddenly I felt a strange sensation starting at the base of my spine, it was like a rushing feeling, rushing slowly up my spine and when it got to my head I blacked out for a couple of minutes. I was taken to hospital and given the usual heart checks but nothing was found. I spoke with a heart specialist and he said it may have been my body's reaction to severe back muscle spasms which I was having at the time. For about a year after that I would feel this feeling rushing up my spine when I would least expect it and I felt I had to moved the position of my back and spine quickly to make the feeling go away. It caused me to be very anxious when I was out of the house especially driving and with the kids. It got very bad one day while I was on the motorway and I drove off into a nearby hospital and asked them to put me onto a heart monitor which they did immediately but could find nothing wrong. So, after all of that I still don't know what it was. This happened when I was 50. The same feeling caused me to faint when I was 15.

The doctor you want to see is a neurologist. The symptoms most of this forum is describing is compatible with abdominal epilepsy or abdominal migrane. If the symptoms go away with ati-covulsant medication abdominal epilepsy maybe to blame. You may want an EEG to see is there is any disturbance of the temporal lobe. Good luck

this has only happened 2 me twice no the first tym i woke up in the nyt with a sharp pain in my stomach, sweating, dizzyness and feelin sick. the 2nd tym wz last nite just over a few months from the last tym. I felt all the same things again bt worse and i fainted 3 tyms. im really worried and ive never fainted before in my life. My boyfriend seems 2 think im pregnant bt im on the pill. Does anyone knw what this is?

I can't believe so many others are having the same thing. I've been told that I've had everything from a heart attack (which was later ruled out) to seizures, to food poisoning. There seems to be no reason for the attacks to occur. They sometimes begin with the nausea and end with fainting or they begin with the feeling of fainting and then I get the nausea and diarrhea. I've been taken to the ER 3 times because the people around me always think I'm dying. I guess I look that bad. I keep waiting for the next attack although sometimes they are years apart and sometimes only months apart.

I'm 57 and have had IBS Pains since I was in high school. Last couple of years they have gotten to the point now where I start sweating so bad that I start feeling I'm going to pass out. I get the feeling of wanting to vomit also. I got thru a serious of bowel movements with the pain until it becomes diarrhea. My recent experience ended with a shot of blood at the end. Usually the cramping would go away after the diarrhea but last time I cramp every hour thru the night. I woke up and went to the bathroom only to shoot out more blood. I did have to call an ambulance the first time I though I was going to pass out. They ran a CT scan and said I had Colitis. I found dairy especially eggs would bother me although cheese did not, but greasy foods would also. I would take an enzyme that would help if I was going to eat something greasy or dairy and seemed to work until recently. I hadn't eaten good, love fast foods, so I know I need more fiber. I do get PVC attacks now and then when I have any type of caffeine. Boy pretty soon I won't be able to eat or drink anything this keeps up...Going for another Colonoscopy soon, but doubt if they find anything as my one 2 years ago was perfect. Changing my diet though for I will not go thru what I did a week ago....Thank God for good husbands being around when you need them....Good Luck to all!!

I used to have the same problems. It was CELIAC Disese.

hi there i don't know if this is the same thing as anyone else is feeling but i have been to see my doctor about 5 times they have run some tests and they found nothing its a little embarrasing because the doctor just talks to me as if im a weirdo that just wants attention its awful. i experienced a weird sensation about a year ago like my food wasnt getting to my stomach but rather sitting just above it kind of like the sensation you get just before you vomit, then i went to the toilet as i was stood at the toilet i became very dizzy an had to grip the door frame i very nearly passed out but i didnt. the feeling didnt come back till about 2 months ago from then it has been pretty much constant every day but now i get headaches really bad aswell, also sometimes my vision seems asif it doesnt want to focus properly i have been to the opticion an they said my eyes were perfect can anybody help me figure out what this is coz i really want to end this feeling i have been seriously depressed an now i dont feel like myself i feel like im in someone elses body thanks