I am 52 years old, recently I had an attack, it came suddenly, I felt nausea, my mouth began to water and I felt like I was going to pass out, slight head ack, after going to emergency room, my blood pressure dropped 90/40, they could find nothing wrong, ekg,blood work, nothing. In general I am as healthy as a horse, and on no medication.

See "neurocardiogenic syncope". I am 54 ears old and had these episodes with trips to emergency rooms (never found with something wrong) for last 5 years before I was diagnosed with this condition.

I was going to say the same thing. It sounds like textbook neurocardiogenic Syncope. I have a condition similar to that and know someone who has it. It can be brought on later in life by illness, stress, and a variety of other trigers. Your best bet is to get to a good cardiologists and have a tilt table test done. It is not fun, but if you get a diagnosis there are a few things they can try to help you. Also, on your own, try to increase your fluid intake to at least 2 liters per day.

I am 44 years old and had tilt test this past Friday. I did not pass out. So now cardio is having me keep diary of my BP for two weeks and to take it when I have these fainty feelings. Way worse with deep fatigue when PMS. SO strange. Was dealing with back injury past year and taking pain meds. I think those pain meds really messed me up. Even though not taking them for 2 months now. I think back stress, work stress and meds screwed up my system somehow and now I have this extreme fatigue with occassional fainty feelings. Unable to work. Ugh! :-(

wow, the lady who had the pms thing....very similar to what I have been going through. Weird bacause I have had this dizziness thing and back pain from working hard. When I am about to start my period i feel the dizziness really strong. I am looking this up because last night I nearly passed out.

past 2 posts-

I have extreme dizzy, passing out, fatigue when on my period also. doctors wont tel me anything, all bloddwork and all comes back norm. But it occurs EVERY period, generally, if i KNOW my period is comming i usally take about 4 ibuprofen ( more than designated dosage) and it puts me to sleep so i am asleep through the dizziness and fainting spells.. But its rediculous this cannot be normal..

Hey, I just had a similar episode at my doctor's office today. I went in for a general checkup and as I was explaining my issues with heavy periods I started to get nauseous. I felt like I was about to vomit, my head was already hurting so the pain got worse. My mouth was watery then completely dry (kind of like when we are about to vomit). I began sweating a lot; so much that I didn't notice until I touched my forehead. I also went pale then I had the sudden urge to go to the bathroom. The whole thing lasted about 5 minutes but during that time I was shaky and I couldn't speak or hold a cup. When I finally relaxed and it all went away he said it was probably my blood pressure that dropped too quickly. He took my blood pressure but at that point I was feeling ok and so he didn't see anything unusual. I read above that for some it's related to their period and I am currently menstruating. I have heavy periods and I'm worried it's related. I'm 24 years old and it's why my doctor assumes it's just blood pressure dropping. My blood tests have all come back normal within the last couple of months. I'm worried as it was the first time it happened and hope that it does not happen to me again especially when I'm alone. Is anyone else having this issue during their periods? Have your doctors explained/found what this really is?

I'm 34 and since I was about 4 years old at the onset of that nauseated feeling I do faint, just before actually bringing up.
When I was about 19 it happened several times in a day and I went to walk in clinic after hitting my head pretty hard on the floor, where it happened there again so they sent me to Emerg. Room.

I was told after blood tests etc and being hooked up to IV that some people have this as a result of a sudden drop in blood pressure. It just happened again this morning twice and from past episodes at least for me it tends to happen when I have a flu. I didnt pass out during morning sickness during my pregnancy 5 years ago, and it also tends not to happen at least to me, when I've eaten food that doesn't agree with me, it's always comes when I've got something viral happening. I can only imagine how it would be to experience this during periods also. I feel for you!
When I feel it coming on I immediately get myself into the bathroom and sit on the floor. I used to take a pillow with me but this morning it came on so suddenly and it's been maybe 7 years since I have passed out though I have had the flu yearly throughout those 7 or so years, I've been surrounded by sick people in the past 2 weeks that have all had a bad flu so this is why I'm sure for me it is the flu that brings it on and past episodes have shown me this too.

Ladies,

I have had what all of you described since I was about 14 and I am now 23. It starts with sweating and me getting over heated, then my sight starts to go and then it turns into a need to go to the bathroom, to throw up and go poo. Sometimes these episodes start when I am on the toliet but just mostly when I get overly hot.

This morning this happened. I was in the shower and got really hot all of a sudden and my sight started to disappear. I got out of the shower and as soon as I did I collapsed to the ground and totally lost all use of my five senses. No sight, no movement, and my hearing goes too. My mouth waters up. I am still conscious but just can't do anything. I feel so helpless when this happens. Senses then came back and I threw up all over the place and needed to go number 2. Usually happens around getting my period, and the episodes started when I first got my period.

These episode used to happen all of the time to me. They are now spaced out more but have gotten more severe. The first episode was in my parent's front yard. THen they started happening when showering and taking baths. Would have drowned one time except a boyfriend came looking for me. scarey! No more baths for me now. But, the worst part is being unable to do anything when my senses go. I can't move, see, talk, or anything. That means no calling anyone on the phone. Like today, my husband was out of town for work. It is just scarey. I went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago to talk about this but they kind of brushed me off so I am going back next week to another doctor and getting tests run just to make sure nothing is serious wrong with me.

For all of you ladies out there, I hope there is comfort in knowing that you are not alone in this even if no one can find something wrong or a way to help fix this.

Hey, I've been experiencing this the last week. The first time was last wednesday at work, I was standing for maybe 3-4 hours and I started to feel dizzy for a couple minutes, then the nausea came on so I started fastwalking towards the washroom, and then I started gagging like I was going to throw up right then and there, and once I got halfway to the crewroom my vision went black and I felt so nauscious that I collapsed on the floor and I started sweating and my arms were red and sweating. After sitting there for a couple minutes it started to get better, and then I felt mostly okay. So I made it back to the crewroom and sat in there for an hour until I felt I could function. Then yesterday at work I had the same initial nausea dizziness feeling, but after an hour it passed. Then today I went into the hospital to get a procedure done, and while I was in the prep room, they stuck an IV into me.. maybe 5-10 minutes passed and I started to get very nauscious again, but this time I was sitting down, and then I called the nurse over and my vision blacked out and I started gagging again like I was going to throw up. So they pulled the chair back and put a cold towel on my head and got me to take deep breathes in through the nose and out through the mouth which eventually brought me back to normal. The RPNs said that it would be because of my anxiety for the precedure, that I was hyperventilating in the way that I was taking very shallow breaths so that not enough oxygen was circulating in my brain, and that my blood pressure dropped. But I feel it's too much of a coincedince that the same thing happened at work. I believe it to be low-blood sugar because both times that I blacked out I hadn't eaten anything beforehand (I had to fast today so that's why I was foodless). But then again, I was alright today after doing breathing exercises and not having any sugar so perhaps it is a coincedince. I felt better at work after I ate some sugar. So I'm a little confused as to what it could be. I wasn't stressed out at all at work, because I was just working as a cashier which I didn't find nerve-racking or difficult. Anyways, that's my input.

o.O i know right whenever i don't have enough water i pass out 8-| :-P 8) o.O :-( :-D :$ :'( >;) :-S

i am 44 ...had some back pain....all of a sudden i felt really sick...ike i was gonna throw up...went into the bathroom...next thing i new i passed out woke up 20 mins later on the bathroom floor

Hi...im 18 years old and today at work my stomach started feeling really weird. i work at mcdonalds and was doing fries for about two hours. all of the sudden i started getting really hot and sweaty and my ears started to hurt just a little bit and and i got the feeling that i was going to pass out. the weird thing is almost exaclty a year ago the same thing happened. sometimes i feel sick or whatnot at work. is there something wrong with me or could it be the place where i work? i never get sick and now this happens!

So glad to know it's not just me. I'm 16 years old and I've had the exact same thing happen When I'm on and of my period. I get dizzy, can't breath,sweaty, and then I almost pass out. I never actually passed out but still. Everyone I'm in the er everyhings normal. My blood, pressure, head, ekg, everything. And my lower back kills me. I have a history of unsiagnosed headahes. It's really scary ever since I was 14. If u find out what it is that'd be lovely.

I have this condition as well. My doctor told me it's vasovagal. Look it up online.