Hi, I had my period on the 9th of august, and it lasted about 4 days. The period was not like my others, it was on time, but very heavy, clotty, and very very painful. (My periods are usually very regular and do not cause me any discomfort. Anyway, Now, 9 days after my period ENDED, i am having vaginal bleeding again. It started yesterday, (so 8 days after my period ended i started bleeding again). It started out as a brownish color and only showed when I whiped, so I went online to see what it could be. I read that it could be ovulation taking place, which is that I passed it off for. It started around 4 yesterday, and stayed at a very light flow, and brownish to brown/reddish in color. Today, when I got up this morning, (sorry for the graphic, icky details) I felt a gush, and ran to the bathroom. When I wiped there was a good amount of brown/red blood, and has been heavy enough to soak a small panty liner all day. It is subsiding now, (around 6pm) but I am still worried. Could this be ovulation taking place? Could it be implantation bleeding? I read that it is not usually heavy bleeding for either of them, but I am not sure. I plan on going to the gyno asap, but untill then, any advice or ideas of what this could be?!?

I ended my period on the 13th, my bf and i had sex the 15th, 16th, 18th, 19th, 20th, and the 21st, then I started bleeding that day. This is my second month off of the pill, I forgot to add. I figure it could be because my periods are trying to go back to normal, but last month off of the pill my period came on time. I stopped the pack at the end of it, so there is no mid-pack stopping problems, that a lot of women worry about. I thought that, it too, could be implantation bleeding, but the time in my cycle is not right if that is what it is. If it is implantation bleeding, that would mean that I ovulated during or right after my last period.. I am very confused! We are not ttc, but we are not, not trying to if you know what i mean. were "going with the flow" but this flow isnt right! Also, the bleeding is still happening (day three) and it a bit heavy. and stress is not an issue...

I don't know what is wrong with you, and neither can you unless you see a doctor. You also mention that this is painful, so that is extra reason to be concerned. Things like infections, fibroids, endometriosis, thyroid problems, and even a foreign object being left behind in your vagina, could also cause spotting between periods. Things like this could also be signs of an ectopic pregnancy. I don't want to scare you, but I really think you should get checked out as soon as you possibly can. Because you just came off the pill, it could be related to that as well, but it sounds too excessive to be normal. 

Hi Tori I am in the EXACT same situation! Its my 2nd month off the pill. My period ended on the 11th aug. 8 days later (19th aug) i started spotting. Its now been 5 days and i am still spotting and very confused. Me and my bf are having unprotected sex we are not ttc but no what could happen. If u find anything out please keep me updated.

Hi Louise, Im glad im not the only one. But im sorry this is happening! I called my gyno yesterday and made an appointment to see her but cant untill next Thursday. I asked her what this could be, as I was worried.. She said that it could very well be my hormones going crazy because I stopped the pill. See when youre on the pill youre not really having a period. youre having what is called a withdrawal period. Our bodies modified our "periods" stopping our nautural ones and starting their own with the pill! When we finished the active pills, our bodies "withdraw" from the hormones, and make us have a "period". So, what she said, was that our bodies are confused, to sum it up. And it is most likely just another period. Which to me doesnt make since! haha.
I finally stopped bleeding today (knock on wood) but now I am having a yellow discharge? None of this has happened before, so I am still very confused, even though my gyno said that theres nothing to worry. My bleeding lasted 3 1/2 days all and all, and was like a regular period, but i also had cramping.. and only on my left side... (hmmmm....)
Im sorry that i dont have any answers for you, im still looking for mine! but i will deffinatly keep you updated. Btw, I am 19, 20 in october.. no children, so this whole thing is confusing to me still.

Oh, also, my sence of smell has been very very high the past two days! i dont know what to think anymore!eh

Hi again, I'm 24, no children and this had never happened before so i was really worried aswell. I started bleeding alot heavier 2days ago so now feel abit better about the whole thing because now i'm thinking it is just another period. My aunties a nurse she deals with this sort of thing every day and i spoke to her today she said that when you come off a pill it can take upto 6 months for periods to get back to normal and some people have spotting and bleeding every month in between periods.

Hope this helps :)

it does, thank you! i will still keep posted on what happens!

yesterday, after the bleeding stopped, I started having yellow discharge. (No i do not have an infection, i have had many of those, so i know what they feel/look like). The yellow discharge started to subside as the day progressed, and now its back, with a hint of brown. I am still very confused! I am anxious for my gyno apt on thursday! but still want some opinions before then to put my mind at ease.. For three days i have had heightened sence of smell, last night I had some mild cramping, and this morning i woke up with a back ache (which is all new to me, its never happened before). Today I am experiencing some nausia as well as some mild cramping. Anyone have any ideas?

i am having the same problem and have no answers i went to the doctors and am been tested for womb and pelvic infection if there is any answers i would like to know as this is also a 1st for me too !!

Hi im having the same but now iv got pain and thick disscharge with an odour and iv looked on line and it has about being pregnant or ovulating or implation bleeding but i am worried anyone what it is cause me and my partner have been trying to that is abit of a worry.

hey m soph n 20yrs hd n ipill abt a mnth back n my preiods got ova on the 20n again strtd on 28 so worried strtng was brownish nw is heavy flow luks lyk al the waste blood ned help

Hi, I know that this is old but did you end up being pregnant ?

Hi, I know that this is old but did you end up being pregnant?

HI
I am experiencing some of those symptoms but I am not taking any pill.
what was the outcome?