I've just turned 47 years old. I have been having regular periods with 2 days of heavy flow,,but this month its crazy,,,EXCESSIVE BLEEDING with clots and i'm going into my 9th day. I have no pain just one bloody mess. On day 6, I was beginning to get worried because I had no idea what was going on with me, so I paid a visit to the hospital. The emergency room doctor did an internal exam, took urine and blood work. She told me I wasn't pregnant, my levels (whatever she meant by that were good) and for me to take the 5 Medroxyprogesterone pills to see if the excessive bleeding would stop. I took only 1 pill because people starting telling me that this could be the beginning of menopause and if so, would prefer to let nature take its course. The doctor told me that if the pills didn't stop the bleeding to come back to see her. Am I doing the right thing?

hi...i just turned 42 and have had similar symptoms....i've always had pretty regular periods.....was on the pill for about ten years but that was several years ago....i prefer to let nature run my cycle now (which is much better in regards to cramping etc)......

anyway, i had a normal period at the beginning of june....then six days later i started spotting, something i've never had before in between cycles....today is day 9 and i'm still having spotting (although as of yesterday it's more like a light flow)...i have very dull cramp which is hardly noticeable and headache.....

haven't been to the docs yet, scheduled to go tomorrow....hopefully i'm worrying over nothing....

good luck with your situation!