Hi i was just wondering how long implantation bleedign can last. a lot of people say 1-2 days but otherse have said it can last a week. please i need some advice or a website.. thanks

Usually implantation bleeding only lasts a few days, and it is very very light and scanty.

Each womans body will vary though, but I can give you a general idea.

so if it lasted like 6 days and was very scanty and lite then that could be implantation? because thats what happend to me. and it happend a week after my ovulation

Have you taken a pregnancy test yet?

It could be implantation, but usually 6 days worth is a period..

no i have not. with implantation i heard everyone is different woman have had it for a week and it was the same consistancy of a period. i had mine a few days and i t was very light and scanty.

When you read about implantation bleeding and how long it is supposed to last (and I have a lot, because I am trying to conceive right now), every place will tell you that an implantation bleeding is very light and really doesn't last longer than two days. I am not sure if it is possible for it to last longer, but a week absolutely sounds too long. An implantation bleeding comes from just the blood you release when a fertilized egg implants into your uterus, and that isn't a lot. 

I would think the bleeding you experienced is most probably caused by something else. 

HTH

I am having the same problem. I called telehealth after going to the hospital today to see what they would say. My bf and I are TTC (trying to conceive) and tried for it on July 27, 28, 29, 30 31, and August 3 which was when the spotting started. My cycle is 28 days and my last period was on July 14th.

My period isn't supposed to be here until August 10th, but starting on August 3rd for 3 days I had very scanty spotting that was light pink and brown. August 6th and 7th it was a reddish brown and today it is also reddish brown. It is not heavy enough to be my period but not light enough to be spotting since the 6th.

The doctor at the hospital said I am not preg so I am upset because I don't know why I would have breakthrough bleeding. He said that it might be too early to tell and to wait 2-3 weeks and so did the Telehealth nurse. She also said implantation doesn't usually last this long, but I also made the point that all women are different and some have successful pregnancies and still had 6 days of implantation or bleeding. I don't know what to do, what does anyone think? Has this happened to anyone else before?

I don't think you need to wait 2-3 weeks. A hpt should detect a pregnancy around the time your period is due, almost definately by a week late. Good luck.

The doctors here suck I don't know why they told me to wait 2-3 weeks. I already took some tests 3 days ago and both are neg. They only look for 100 mIU though, I need a very low detection preg test. Like Clear Blue detects 25 mIU that would be perfect. My hcg was only at 2 yesterday, and my spotting has pretty much stopped. It's only there when I wipe, and it's brown...and all I get with it is cramping.

I'm confused, will someone help?

I am having the same problem too and I heard that this problem will occur may be due to not enough Progesterone harmone which is important is getting pregnant.

My last period was on Dec28th(Spotting) then on Jan3rd normal bleeding started.According to both dates, we intercoursed on Jan11th and Jan15th to 18th(Ovulation dates) and on the 8th day(Jan25th) after ovulation I noticed some dark brown spotting and lasted till Jan31st and suddenly on Jan31st evening I had some bright red spotting(looked like my normal bleeding started).So I thought I might have got my periods, but again after that no bleeding and just brown spotting again...

I don't know what could be the problem?

And I haven't took any pregnancy test since my normal bleeding date is Jan3rd and I thought I can't get any pregnancy results until my missed period. So I thought to take the test on Feb4th(one day after my missed period) unless I don't get the normal bleeding.

Please help me why I am facing this problem? I have been this problem since 2months(From the time we are trying to conceive) before that I used to have 2 days spotting before my normal period begins(when we used protection).

Well my bf and I had sex last weds. and this was my first time. Im pretty sure my hymen broke. But that friday were hungout and her fingered me and i began to bleed. I wasnt sure why i was bleeding because my period ended the tuesday before i had sex. I checked online about it and some people said it could be implantation bleeding which last for two days - which i dont get because i havent ovulated yet but it could be a possibility that i did, but i also read that when you rip your hymen you can also bleed for up to 2 days. So i just left it alone. It didnt not bleed for the rest of the week. But today my bf came over again and he fingered me once again and it began to bleed again. Now its been a couple of days since i had sex so could it be Implantation bleed, Hymen bleeding, or is there any other reason that it could be bleeding everytime he fingeres me?

Hi i was wondering..
my "period" came 4 days early...
and ive been trying to get pregnant..
is this my period? it was supposed to come the 21st but it came the 17th.
how am i supposed to tell apart my period from implantation bleeding??
how long does it last? and can it be heavy just like a normal period??

ask him to cut his nails as he could be scrathcing you!

He is Probably scratching your walls while he is fingering you. Or it can also be the fact your hymen broke, but if it was your hymen it would bleed the day you lost your virginity. It seem like everytime he fingers you is when the bleeding occurs. I had that problem with my boyfriend, i told him to stop, and i didn't bleed anymore.

no, i dont understand why that happened. but i too need some help. my bf and i have been trying to have a baby. we started on June 1 and went all the way through like June 14th. my had bleeding on June 17 and it lasted as long as a period so we stopped trying because we thought i wasn't pregnant. it now July 9th and i really feel pregnant and everyone is asking me if i am (mom, grandmom, aunts, cousins, etc.). i dont know if its all in my head or what. i took so many tests in June that came out negative that i'm scared to take one now. i dont want to be disappointed. then there's like other things that may not even be signs, like everytime i watch lifetime its about someone pregnant or someone stealing somebody else's baby, and i'm tired, and hungry all the time. are these things like signs of something. i dont know what to think.