I had my regularly scheduled period earlier this month in October. It lasted the normal amount of days which is about six to seven days. After that, I started to have some brown spotting about ten days later. So far, I've been having brown spotting for about eight days now. I'm not sure if someting is wrong with me or if I can possibly be pregnant. If anyone knows anything, please let me know. I'm a little worried. Thanks!ele

Spotting between periods can be caused by all sorts of things, from a hormonal imbalance caused by the birth control pill or other factors to gynecological problems like sexually transmitted infections and polyps, fibroids, or cervicitis. 

It sounds to me like the timing of the spotting coincides quite closely with the time you would normally ovulate though, and that makes me wonder whether it could be an ovulation bleeding. This is usually just a little brown spotting. Hang on, eight days though? No, I wouldn't trust that. Basically, see your doctor and tell him/her what is going on. If there is something wrong, you want to know. 

I'm experiencing the exact same situation as you. I started spotting two days before my period came into constant flow (which is typical), from Nov 2 - Nov 11th, however about 11 days after the end of my period. I started seeing a very light brown (tannish colored) vaginal discharge when I wipe. This has never happened to me before, can someone shine some light?

sometimes ovulation causes a bit of spotting which can be brown spotting (old blood). It's also called breakthrough bleeding, sometimes when the hormones fluctuate, there's a bit of bleeding/spotting.

:-)

hi ,
I had spotting 15 days after period , i went to the doctor and she performed blood test and found that i was pregnant , but then i got my regular periods , and found that it was an early miscarriage. so its better to rely on blood tests.

i had last period on oct 20.so my net date is 17 nov.but in 27 oct i had take morning after pill.then 10 nov i had period like normal period.it was 6 days longer.now today again i having my period.can anyone tell me wuts wrong with me?will i go to doctor?or its ok?please reply me as soon as possible.

I Have started spotting yesterday n have had minor cramping since then it has been getting worse ... i also had my period at the beginning of the month was normal ... but i am worried n am trynna find out some answers b4 i go to the hospital or doctors ... the stories i read on here are helpful...but anymore suggestions wat could be wrong ???

hi, I am eighteen years old and have been with my boyfriend for 4 years. 3 of those years I have been sexually active. I always make sure my boyfriend wears protection but there have been the odd occasion where he would insert for about 1 minute and go straight out. I had my period on the 20th March and it lasted 6-7 days. Yesterday (5th April) i went to the toilet and notice light spotting - blood on the toilet paper. I also went to the toilet today and notcied a clear watery discharge again along with minimal spotting. am i pregnant?! i am so worried and dont know what to do. can someone please help me.

hi, I just had my period 10 days ago, and today when I woke up, i noticed spotting...is this safe? I know it has noting to do with being pregnant because i have not had sex yet.
help?

I had this as well... I think.

My cycle started in April but only lasted one day instead of the normal three and was very light. I think that this also happened the end of March but I cannot remember.

Then ten days later I had some brown spotting for a few days, nothing big but annoying. Now it is June 6 and I still have not gotten my normal cycle. I have no idea what is going on and it is frustrating.

Any thoughts?

okay i had my period on nov 13. it was over by the 19th and i had unprotected sex on the 20th. then on nov 26th i started having light brown spotting and now on nov 29th it is heavier and just red like regular period blood. am i pregnant or just freaking out about nothing?

I started my period on jan 9th, it lasted about 5-6 days. Then 9 days later I spotted for two days (pink-brownish). I took a prego test today, 3 days after the spotting and it said negative. Should I wait to re-test or is this normal?

I have been off of my period for about a week now. Today when I went to the bathroom I saw light blood when I wiped. I was shocked because that never happened to me before, so I decided to wait for a few hours and went to the bathroom again. The next time I went I saw no blood and everything was normal. I havent experienced any pain or any more bleeding. I thought that maybe it was an early sign of a miscarriage but im not pregnant. does anyone have any advice, should I go to the doctors to get checked out? Im really leaning toward making an appointment because this has never happened to me before.

Okay so my last period ended on oct1 (today is the 11) and I have "spotting" but it looks like the my normal periodndoes before it starts this happened to me last month but not as close I'm freaking out because I'm virgin and a teen, I'm not big on bringing my problem to a doctor or my mom. I just need to know I'm not like going to die:)